Thread: Cue I'm getting.

Cue I'm getting.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I wanted to know if the cue I'm getting is good its 21 oz http://www.pooldawg.com/product-255/...e-p-50231.html (21 oz) Will it be good since it'll be my first "one" of my own.

Re: Cue I'm getting.

21oz? I wouldn't buy that heavy but possibly might if I was playing on bar boxes with mud ball for CB. I recently had a cue built and asked for 20oz instead of my usual 19.5, and I didn't keep it at 20 but for a week, and then removed the weight bolt and instantly found my cue played for me. Are you planning on using this cue for a play cue or a breaker? Either way, I'd back off to a 19-20oz cue...sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

I'm going to use it for both. The reason why I'm getting it is because I use a 21 oz now and I beat my friends and family members with it. Also you never answered my question if it was good or not. P.S I asked this question because it was shipped and I was wondering if it will be good for me.

For a one piece cue at that price, I'll asume you'll be happy. I'm not interested in a fiberglass shaft, but a friend did buy one specifically for a break cue, and it works for him. I guess you won't know anything until you play with it, but being that you use a 21 now, I'll wager it'll be a nice cue for you. If it had not shipped already I'd probably harp more on the weight issue.

You never felt a need for a 2-piece cue???sid

The reason being is because my dad had one and he hit breaks with it a few times and played with it alot it just wore out and the joint part cracked.

I totally understand. I still have an old Cypress Garden, flat-wooden waterski I duplicated to own myself, my dad was my Bud, and we spent a lot of quality time together on the water. Dad skiied at 70yrs old on that ski for the last go around...memories I have on tape. Have fun friend, that's all that counts...sid

Thanks for your help all I have to do is wait. P.S I've been wondering forever how you get the dart jump or bungie jump by hitting the CB in the center. I've been hitting it illegaly by hitting the felt first and pushing the cueball up.

Imagine a post through the CB at point of contact, embedded in the slate below. Hit like you are pinging on the top of the post and concentrate on the point underneath on the slate. Thing is to not try so hard to get the jump, and you'll find it's easy. Btw, you don't need to tip toe in height. Most new jumpers do both wrong things,,,try too hard at stroke and try to get so tall that they lose balance and finesse of stroke...sid

I don't get it I'm young and just decided to take it up and found this website so I don't really understand what your saying.