Thread: Dufferin/Nick Varner + weight bolt?

Dufferin/Nick Varner + weight bolt?

Ive been doing alot of research for the purchase of my first cue and Ive started to settle on either a Dufferin Phantom/DF11 or a Nick Varner since theyre both wood-to-wood joint, are in my budget, and have the simple sneaky pete style I prefer. Ive picked up some cues that felt almost weightless because of its balance and I really want mine to be that way, so my main question here is whether or not these have a weight bolt system or if its difficult to incorporate one. If not would a Lucasi L-2000SP would fare just as well or is it too manufactured to be decent competetion?

Also Ive read some advice about and am considering starting off with a
    Snooker cue, would that be bad practice? I figure you learn with what you have regardless plus the ash shaft has less deflection a more accurate tip.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Dufferin/Nick Varner + weight bolt?

I'd go with the Varner personally, I've shot with both, and the Dufferins seem to have a harder hit(Canadian Hard Rock Maple vs. Aged Maple). The Varner's are nice cues, I actually had a guy come in and trade a Joss on one. I don't know where you are, but we had some great deals on Varners here, free case, etc. The Varners also have a changeable weight, finding a dealer with extra weights might be tough, but I know we carry 'em. Either way, both are solid cues, you can't go wrong.

Re: Dufferin/Nick Varner + weight bolt?

Thanks for the suggestion, Im in California. Do you have an online shop or is it a brick and mortar store? I would be getting it shipped anyways so I wouldn't mind ordering from your place if you could give me some more details.
    The weight bolts you mention are for adjusting the balance rather than changing weights right?

Thanks