Thread: Buying a Pool Cue

Buying a Pool Cue

I have been playing pool off and on for prolly 10 years. I have always used a bar cue. After all these years, I want to play all the time now. I am still in the novice level, but I have a decent break and have the ability to run the table on occasions. I am looking to buy my own cue so I dont have to look around the bar for one that is straight. I would be willing to to pay around 200$ for a decent pool cue. The only problem is that I dont have the opportunity to try out any cues to see what kind I really like. I play with a 19 oz bar cue. I want a cue that is very solid. I would like one to have and I have researched everything I have thought about, but any ideas would be great.

Re: Buying a Pool Cue

Since Posting this I have still been looking on the internet for some cues that I might want to buy. Here are a few and you can tell me what you think.

1. Scorpion Nt6 $150
    2. Viking F86 $190
    3. Joss Cue 02 $212
    4. McDermott Mg09 $150

This is about all I have found. I really like the way the Scorpion Cues look, so I am leaning towards the NT4c or the Nt6. Any comments on them cues will be appreciated.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ScottoB22:</font><hr> Since Posting this I have still been looking on the internet for some cues that I might want to buy. Here are a few and you can tell me what you think.

1. Scorpion Nt6 $150
    2. Viking F86 $190
    3. Joss Cue 02 $212
    4. McDermott Mg09 $150

This is about all I have found. I really like the way the Scorpion Cues look, so I am leaning towards the NT4c or the Nt6. Any comments on them cues will be appreciated.

<hr /></blockquote>
    From those choices, I would go with either the Joss or the McDermott. Both are good quality and made in the U.S.A.

It would be best if you could try them to see which feels good to you.

I'd have to pick the Viking, I have one myself, and they have a tonof custom options, you can choose everything right down to the wrap and tip. Just like the McDermotts they also carry a lifetime warranty against warpage. I never could get used to that weird wood on wood screw in the McDermotts, but either way, you can't go wrong. The other brands don't carry that same warranty, and for the extra few bucks, I think it is worth.