Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using Scotch brand Mailing Tape...

Using Scotch brand Mailing Tape...

Just hit 100 jumps and left no mark on the cloth. I put the Scotch mailing tape down on the cloth where I wanted to practice and placed the cueball on it and fired off 100 jumps and when finished there was no damage to the cloth and no lasting marks. Any better ideas??

Re: Using Scotch brand Mailing Tape...

They sounds like a good idea but when you peel the tape off does it ruin your felt? Maybe not, just wanting to know. I need to do the same practice.

If you are practicing your technique and not really trying to pocket balls. It is a good idea to have a few square feet of indoor outdoor carpet for the cueball to land on. You can also use a piece of billiard cloth to land on if you are trying to pocket balls. It doesn't really effect the shot and protects you table

Corner/p,
    Good ??? I just went back and checked that out. It doesn't appear or feel like any adhesive residue was left behind.

Q-guy,
    I will give your suggestions a go on my next jumpshot practice session; every little bit helps, thanks [img]/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

as a matter of fact, our resident cloth-fetishist, chris in n.c., mentioned a long while back that when he has new cloth on his tables he makes people use a piece of table cloth under the c.b. for breaks to keep the burn marks down. don't know about jump shots. one fool even called them cue doillies or cue cozies.

chris would be proud of me. when they installed my table, i kept the scraps for that exact purpose...cue doillies. and i still have them. in a drawer. untouched since.

dan...ok to be a fool if you have style.

Cheese, did any cloth or fibre leave with the tape?
    Those scrap peices of cloth as mentioned is really best.
    How do you shoot 100 in a row? Dumb question I know but
    I doubt I've ever shot more than 10 at one time.
    If I don't have any consistancy by then, I need to regroup,
    break the cue or something? BTW hows those kick shots?
    Well we all have things to work on, maby your name here
    should be Hoppie. Thats what I call my jump cue.
    Hippity hoppity, have fun!
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

Rod,
    <blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>How do you shoot 100 in a row?<hr></blockquote>
    Yes,some fibers did come off but more like taking lent off clothes. Believe me it was the first time I ever hit 100 and it will be the last. It is the first jumpstick I have had; I wish they were outlawed. I only have till next Wednesday to learn how to use it and when to use it. As for my kicking, if you and I were matched up you would be playing safe just to watch the beauty of my kicks,that is, when I let you off the bench [img]/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

cheesemouse:<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Rod, As for my kicking, if you and I were matched up you would be playing safe just to watch the beauty of my kicks,that is, when I let you off the bench [img]/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<hr></blockquote>Ohhh, another gauntlet thrown. When will the first match begin? This is the fifth challenge, carried over from the last couple of weeks.[img]/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ken (Rackmup) vs. bernie
    JayM vs. Patrick
    ...what were the others, I should have written this down.

Tom,
    Wolf'n in cyberspace