TheShot 76
    Tom_In_Cincy 60
    ccboard_admin 59
    jjinfla 47
    cuechick 47
    heater451 46
    SPetty 35
    CarolNYC 32

I see some of the old posters who were initially disillusioned with this new board format starting to come back.

In the absence of many of the regular posters, I got so close to Top Poster status, that I only needed these few more to achieve that pinnacle of dubious success. I figured.... why not do it once.

I hope, and most of you who know my posts probably hope, that this never happens again.

(77 did it, but this one is just to make sure.)

Re: 76,77, 78

Tom,

Maybe they can change the count to only allow informative info to cut out your nonsense (LOL) [img]/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (along with some others)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Quote: TheShot: Maybe they can change the count to only allow informative info to cut out your nonsense (LOL) [img]/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Scott,
    The top poster rarely, if ever, achieves that status by making only informative posts. By the way, your number three right now, and cheesemouse is number two. LOL

I just needed to feel what it's like.

Tom,
    You do realize that the top poster is afforded the honor that such a feat deserves. He buys the first eight or nine rounds for every CCB he ever meets depending on the game they are playing. Jake~~~will have JD on the rocks
    Old Jake

CONTEST ???

If this is a contest, what are the rules ???

Jake, you just made that up. I know because I checked the CCB rules directory, and it's not there. You can't make up a rule in the middle of the game. However, I think your idea has merit.

Your idea would have to be put forth to the rules committee in the form of a formal proposal, forever to be enshrined in the archives, and passed by a vote of the membership at large as taken by a POLL.

I think it requires a 2/3 majority with at least 75 votes recorded. I suggest it would be easier to pass if you proposed making it a little easier to take by saying the top poster has to buy any CCB'er that brings it to his/her attention that they were top poster, one drink, as long as the person can cite the month and year that that poster was top poster. This prevents every CCB'er from making blanket acccusations to every other CCB'er they ever meet that they were top poster at some unspecified time. Your plan should take effect no sooner than four weeks from the date it's passed, if it is passed. This allows enough time for the windbags that choose to inhabit the top spot to decide if it's worth it or not to continue their verbosity.

What do you think? I move that discussion be heard from the floor, with the goal of determining if the above proposal should be put to a poll as stated or with whatever modifications are deemed appropriate.