Thread: Billiards Digest And The CCB Are Disgusting

Billiards Digest And The CCB Are Disgusting

Billiards Digest is a digusting magazine, and this pool forum is also disgusting, and contributes little to the pool scene.

That is what a notable figure in the pool world, author Gerald Huber, wrote on February 17 on the billiards forum at the website www.playpool.com. The 'Ed' the author of the post refers to is the owner/operator of the site. Numerous sources have reported that it is not unusual for Mr. Huber to post to billiard forums invariably adding the title of his book to his signature.

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ed, your site has always been the very best and billiards digest is a disgusting magazine and site that contributes little to the pool scene. You and Pool & BIlliard get my vote for doing the best job and I commend your(sic) both for it. Thanks for being there for us all, Gerald Huber, author, "The Green Felt Jungle"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Billiards Digest And The CCB Are Disgusting

And I called him on it over there at once, Tom, and his silence since has been deafening. This is a figure you call "notable"? GF

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: George Fels:</font><hr> This is a figure you call "notable"? GF <hr></blockquote>George, I'm only a cub reporter. Perry White fired me twice in the last month.

Kidding aside, I was torn between even giving him the benefit of the publicity or not. But I opted in favor of letting the people decide for themselves what they think of his opinion. I hope he spells better in his book than he does in his posts anyway.

As everyone else, Huber has the right to his opinions. I suspect that response he made on playingpool was mainly his way of striking back for the way he got treated everytime he posted something here. And people can make up their own minds based on facts. Why people get upset when some authors mention their books or videos here is beyond me. It only takes a second to read the post and then either accept it or reject it and go on to the next post. I suspect the complainer is just jealous. If Fels, Grady, Tucker, Huber, Fancher, et al, hadn't had their books/videos mentioned here I wouldn't have known about them. They sure aren't mentioned, or for sale, at the local pool halls. Jake~~~And did you notice that I didn't mention Gerald Huber's book "The Green Felt Jungle" because I didn't want him to get free pub for his interesting, revealing book?
    Old Jake

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: George Fels:</font><hr> And I called him on it over there at once, Tom, and his silence since has been deafening. This is a figure you call "notable"? GF <hr></blockquote>

George,
    After many months (maybe years now) I was given (wouldn't buy it) a copy of "the green felt jungle" and it took me a week to read it. I can't beleive this guy is still living. In the book, he was killed several times and came back to life a better pool player each time..

As I recall Mr. Huber was miffed that his book got a rather poor review in BD's book review at some point last year, and has made clear his disdain for the magazine ever since. I'm sure if his book got a good review, he'd be singing a different tune (LOL).

In the meantime, he still plugs his book every chance he gets on this and all other website forums. Despite his feelings regarding BD, he also continues to lurk and occasionally post on this site from time to time - to his credit often with some valuable input. - Chris in NC