Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Non pool related

Non pool related

This is a billiard site not CNN. I say take your political coments else where. If I wanted to see Bush bashing I'd turn on MSNBC or Oboma slashing Fox news. Come on find a different place...

Re: Non pool related

William, you're not alone in your feelings about the political stuff in the non-pool related section of the forum. Unfortunately, the political bashing never stops. Many of us just stay in the pool forum, the Cue Chalk Board, and avoid the non-pool side.

Efforts have been made by myself and others to make non political threads fly in NPR.

Start a thread about baseball and here come the trolls to babble about how Bush illegally made the money to buy the Texas Rangers.

Start a thread on photography and here come the trolls to make it a hate fest.

Start a thread on diet, exercise, or fitness and here come the trolls to make it a hate fest.

So long as the admins tolerate this, it will continue.

Right now we have the cabal of Gayle, wolfie, and hondo who honestly believe they can dictate who can post what on what topic in what thread and act as a gang od cyberstalking bullies trying to get people banned and/or run them off.

LWW

I signed up here months ago. Left because of all the hate mongering. LWW is right.

If there are any rules on this forum, I have yet to see them.

Just look at the troll food. Distraction, off topic, name calling and denials. All crap.

I subscribed to Billiards Digest. Just sent in another check. The advertisement of the bill said just how good the forums are.

This has not been my experience.

Correction. I see it was 2007. I have a few posts, but all the BS is off putting.

Why sell the forum as a Billiards Digest feature and have instead all the crap.

My subscription to BD will not be renewed, and the forum's lack of rules is the reason.

LWW

Good to stand on principle.

I went in for another year simply because of Bob Jewett. He thinks like I do, regarding just about everything.

Dave A is very good and I bought one of his DVD's. Tom Ross is the primary shooter and has a very fine stroke. Tom is however a big time lefty and made nasty politial comments in an article a year or two ago. I see Tom is no longer a contributor.

George Fels is also excellent.

Mike Shamos is also excellent. I like all things historical. In passing Mike wrote articles on the electronic voting machines, which were excellent. You can find it on the web.

I could pass on the personalities and play by play descriptions.
    The how to is my interest, and I read these cover to cover. The rest is just less forestry.

The sales pitch of an supposedly excellent forum was a barrier that I had to overcome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Under</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sales pitch of an supposedly excellent forum was a barrier that I had to overcome. </div></div>I'd say stick to the pool forum here and get your NPR fix at AZ. Problem solved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alfie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Under</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sales pitch of an supposedly excellent forum was a barrier that I had to overcome. </div></div>I'd say stick to the pool forum here and get your NPR fix at AZ. Problem solved. </div></div>

Tap! Tap! Tap!
    May God bless all of you.

This, coming from the instigator of the cross forum war, is simply precious.

LWW