Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am getting glasses...reviews needed

Hybrid View

I am getting glasses...reviews needed

Hello;
    I am getting progressive glasses bifocal is needed for close up to a arm length away. I see pretty good at distance but I have a minor correction there too.
    My Question is what type of glasses work well for pool. I dont want to always be pushing them up higher on my nose when I need to get down on a shot and look thru the top of them.
    I was looking at Silhouette 7626 brand with no frame around the lens and no hinge either. They seem to stay snug on my head but that was just at the store without my Rx in the lenses.

I have mono vision now and my left eye is the distant one these glasses will balance my vision which will take some time getting use to but I am ready.

Thank You for your ideas and comments.
    Bluey
    Oh I was so much older then....I am younger than that now!

Re: I am getting glasses...reviews needed

Look into these

Billiard Glasses

I don't have any experience with them, but I know of some past posts on AZ from people that have them. Their opinions were positive.
    "In search of the perfect stoke..."

I suggest playing with readers if you see OK at a distance.

A company named Decot used to make glasses with an adjustable bridge for pool players. I'm not sure if they still do them. I've known a couple of people who had them and they liked them a lot.

If the OP can possibly play pool without his glasses, that is what he should do. There is an optical shift between your eye and the lens that you have to correct for when wearing glasses.
    I wear bifocals and I play without them.

Have you thought about bifocal contacts? I have them and they work for me.

DG

How do Bifocal contacts work? I never heard of them.
    "In search of the perfect stoke..."

Somehow you look through the center for close up and through the outside for distance. I've had them for about a year. I have a stigma on my eye which makes it a little tougher to see up close, like less than 18 inches for me, things are a little distorted. Even without anything to drink. But for distance, I can see much better. Depending on what I'm doing at work, I still use reading glasses, as the writing is very small.

Dwayne, what you have must be a recent inovation in contacts. At one time, they would give you one contact for close up and the other one for distance. They said your brain would make the adjustment. A friend of mine got them and they absolutely drove him crazy and he couldn't see well at any distance. I'm happy to hear they have something better now.

Could be Rich. It's time for a check up on my eyes. I've had these for a year. I don't think I would have liked one of each kind of contact.
    Duane

I don't have any experience with any sport related glasses but my recommendation is for you to try on different pairs and bend over into your shooting position. Make sure that without having to move your head your eyes are always looking through the glass and you can see as far as you normally would without the glasses.

I have a pair of glasses that I wear but they are more stylish than function, meaning they have very tiny wire rim and the actual glass is pretty small. When I bend down to shoot if I have to look down table at all, my eyes actually look above the glasses. I have to actually move my head which is too much distraction. I would end up playing without my glasses. Now that I have contacts that is not a problem.

eg8r