Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am getting glasses...reviews needed

Re: I am getting glasses...reviews needed

Joe -- I got new billiards-spex a few years ago -- the noze support iz low down so that the spex sit very hi -- and they are rimless, titanium.
    Anyhow, theze spex are the best i hav ever played with -- but the main thing iz that i wear them all day every day at home and outside and when i am driving -- but i dont need them for reading, i am near-sighted. But everyone laughs at me koz they look funny (gulp)(or it might be my fat head).

In the past the main problem with billiards-spex haz been that they aint much good for say one hour after u put them on -- the balls dont look round -- not a problem no more.
    mac.

Now they look round but they are not ! :-)

This iz them. The optician designed the shape. I got him to place the noze piece much lower than uzual. I think they are anti-glare, karnt remember.
    mac.

I don't have any experience with any sport related glasses but my recommendation is for you to try on different pairs and bend over into your shooting position. Make sure that without having to move your head your eyes are always looking through the glass and you can see as far as you normally would without the glasses.

I have a pair of glasses that I wear but they are more stylish than function, meaning they have very tiny wire rim and the actual glass is pretty small. When I bend down to shoot if I have to look down table at all, my eyes actually look above the glasses. I have to actually move my head which is too much distraction. I would end up playing without my glasses. Now that I have contacts that is not a problem.

eg8r

Glasses or not i find that at the beginning of a game it takes a while to get the 2 eyes working together when down, unless praps u are one of thems players who kan fully tilt their head -- but it iz probly even more of an issue if wearing glasses (with due respekt to players with only one eye, and any players with 3 eyes, and players with 2 heads).
    mac.

Can you provide a link or contact information for these particular glasses?
    thanks,
    JoeyA

Quote Originally Posted by cushioncrawler View Post
    Joe -- I got new billiards-spex a few years ago -- the noze support iz low down so that the spex sit very hi -- and they are rimless, titanium.
    Anyhow, theze spex are the best i hav ever played with -- but the main thing iz that i wear them all day every day at home and outside and when i am driving -- but i dont need them for reading, i am near-sighted. But everyone laughs at me koz they look funny (gulp)(or it might be my fat head).

In the past the main problem with billiards-spex haz been that they aint much good for say one hour after u put them on -- the balls dont look round -- not a problem no more.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    I'm sorry. I don't think this link shows the photo of the glasses used by cushioncrawler. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
    Can you provide a link or contact information for these particular glasses? thanks, JoeyA
    I saw a guy wearing theze at a local 8ball tournament and he told me he gottem at a place near melbourne and i went there and they tested my eyes etc and i ordered the spex etc and they arrived a few weeks later -- cost about $400.
    Any maker kan make em. The optician/optometryst uzed hiz own lens shape dezign (probly not important).
    I got him to drill the metalwork lower in the lenses (lower than hiz uzual lower).
    I got him to place the optikal centers high up (karnt be dunn for some preskriptions).
    I got him to place the optikal center in the righthandlens a bit left of center (i am righthanded).
    I shood hav asked him to uze longer legs holding the nozepads -- koz the lenses are a bit too low (i might go to my local mechanic and get him to lengthen thems). In the meantime i uze stickon soft pads to raize the glasses a few mm.
    I asked the nice eyetester if i kood hav the lenses ok for say 1.5m but she sayd that i hadta choose either 1.2m or 2.4m (karnt remember) -- i think i choze 2.4m (karnt remember).
    I wear the glasses all day every day (if u wear glasses only to play then the balls dont look round till u hav lost the game).
    Here iz me hitting a ball.
    mac.

Last edited by cushioncrawler; 07-05-2013 at 09:09 AM.

What is that thing you have wrapped on your cus shaft.