The fight for 2014 starts NOW.
25 years later and still no payment for long-term damages?
Further, each corporation needs to have a declared gender. If two corporations are the same gender, then there can be no merger in states that forbid same-sex marriages or civil unions.
Proposed Constitutional Amendment:
Whereas the corporation is by definition an artificial entity of which the owners, directors and officers enjoy statutory privileges including legal immunities not available to private citizens; and
Whereas the corporation owes it existence to the state, which owes its existence to the people; and
Whereas rights attach to and are enjoyed by actual people; and
Whereas privilege is the polar opposite of rights; now therefore
1. The treatment in law of the corporation as a "person" for whatever purpose shall be considered a legal fiction and shall not be construed to include the attachment of natural or constitutional human rights as enjoyed by actual people;
2. The only constitutional right attaching to the corporation shall be the right to due process of law and no other. No corporation shall enjoy any natural human rights whatever;
3. Except for the right to due process of law, the rights and protections enumerated in the first eight amendments to this Constitution, and expanded in the ninth and tenth amendments, collectively known as the Bill of Rights, shall not extend to corporations;
4. Protections afforded citizens and residents of the United States by the Fourteenth Amendment to this Constitution, including but not limited to citizenship and equal protection under the law, shall not extend to corporations;
5. The lobbying of government for any reason whatever is an exercise of the Constitutional right to petition the government for redress of grievances, is reserved to actual people, and is explicitly denied to corporations;
6. Any statutory grant in any form shall be construed as privilege, shall be the object of regulation, and subject to taxation;
7. Corporations are permanently enjoined from political activity of any kind in any form or amount, including the donation of any funds to any political campaign, or the funding of any political activity whatever, all such activities being exclusively the purview and prerogative of actual people;
8. The receiving of any benefit or emolument of any kind in any amount whatever, directly or indirectly, from any corporation by any elected or appointed official during that official's term of office or campaign or nomination for office shall constitute a recallable and/or impeachable offense and shall disqualify that individual from holding public office under the United States;
9. Congress shall enact appropriate legislation to carry out the spirit and the letter of this amendment;
10. No time limit is imposed upon the States for the ratification of this amendment.
Social security is not an "Entitlement", it's an earned benefit I paid into for 40 years. I am every bit as "Entitled" to the benefits I paid into as someone is to the savings they paid into, or the property they paid for.