Thread: Questions about the "new" CCB?

Questions about the "new" CCB?

Will we still be able to save individual posts as an HTML document,as I have been for the last year or so? Does the archive still work,with the ability to find posts that were on here just a few days ago? How many regulars are going to stay? Tommy D.

Re: Questions about the "new" CCB?

Hi Tommy,
    On the screen, when you are reading a message you should see a little icon that says "favorites". You should be able to click on that icon and it will add th thread/ subject to your favorite list under your "At Home" location.
    I am stayinn' BTW.
    Hope this helps

That works for me,just wish we could get rid of people like Patrick. I'm still not sure if I can save posts as an HTML document,I've saved about 60 posts over the last year. Funny stories,good advice,instructional tidbits,and other things ar all part of my collection. Tommy D.

Tommy,
    I just tried the Favorite option with this thread. Simple just click on it and the whole topic is saved at your at home
    page. There is also an option with this format for the web master to block access to IP addresses. So if certain people continue to be nuisances the webmaster has the power to ban them. Have you noticed, "His" repetitive garbage posts have been removed.

Tommy...I haven't been on the new board much, so I don't really have a "feel" for it yet. But, just off the cuff, it seems like BD could have had a more user friendly board, and still had added many new features. It's somewhat like going from the stone age to the jet age, in one fell swoop. I don't mind putting up with some more complexity if it really adds something. At the moment, I think the old board was bettter overall. It had more options on how to view the threads and made it easier to know which ones you read. I don't know if they can modify this board so that it can retain THOSE features.

I frequent a college board that just switched from the old BD format to a more modern one. THEY made the right choice, in selecting their board. It has most of the "bells and whistles" of this one, but is much easier to use and it's easy to know what you haven't read at any time. I also like the fact that you can read all of the posts made by any poster. Here is that format if interested:

http://www.bullventuresinc.com/cgi-b....pl?board=news

Some of the newer boards allows for an "ignore" feature which let's you filter out people. I'm not sure if either board does that, as I haven't looked. - Howie

Howie, you played for the Bulls? Which was it hockey or football?

BBS choices

If anyone's interested, maybe in hosting their own--

Info on the board Howie likes is at http://www.yabbforum.com/

Whereas info on this one is at: http://www.infopop.com/ (UBB Threads 5.5)
    You are what you do when it counts.--The Masao
    heater<span style="color: red">451</span>