Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Is AZ for real?

Is AZ for real?

Some idiot named haney posted this:

"FEMA should be disbanded. The government has no right to interfere in natural disaters. The problems should be handled by state and local officials and private companies. All this enabling is rediculous."

I thought he must be kidding but then half the klan jumps on
    praising his post and agreeing with him!

State and local and private companies?!?!?!

Is government's role simply to make smart business decisions and not protect Americans? If you agree with this , why not just do away with the military and let local and state government and private companies protect our citizens? Why did I risk my life as a teenager to fight for America?
    The right wingers just get nuttier and nuttier.
    May God bless all of you.

Re: Is AZ for real?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some idiot named haney posted this:

"FEMA should be disbanded. The government has no right to interfere in natural disaters. The problems should be handled by state and local officials and private companies. All this enabling is rediculous."

Is government's role simply to make smart business decisions and not protect Americans? If you agree with this , why not just do away with the military and let local and state government and private companies protect our citizens? Why did I risk my life as a teenager to fight for America?
    The right wingers just get nuttier and nuttier. </div></div>
    Moving control to local hands not only reduces costs, but also gets relief to those in need faster.

Now why would anyone oppose that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Moving control to local hands not only reduces costs, but also gets relief to those in need faster. </div></div>

Any proof of that?

Ehhhhhhhhh.......... No.

Local Govt is the <u>MOST CORRUPT</u> Govt.

Colbert makes the case for FEMA
    link

Q
    Remarkable.You leak a story, and then you quote the story. I mean,that's a remarkable thing to do

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some idiot named haney posted this:

Moving control to local hands not only reduces costs, but also gets relief to those in need faster.

Now why would anyone oppose that? </div></div>

So you're saying we should do away with Homeland Security?
    Yeah, you're probably right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some idiot named haney posted this:

LMAO!

And the red states have been saying for three plus years that they can't afford teachers, firemen, policemen?

BWA HA HA HA...

There is no local government with the resources to handle these natural disasters, which aren't so natural anymore, thanks to Repiglicans obstruction annd denial of global warming.

Personally, I think the red states should just sign off, and take an oath that they won't accept anything from FEMA in the future, lol.
    [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

More for the rest of us, and we could thin out some of the ignorant crazy Global Warming deniers, as well, since most of them live in the red states! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

You and yours can come here to Maryland and stay with us. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
    We love FEMA here!

The obvious problem with such a proposal is that the first responders in the local area would have been hit by the same disaster, and therefore be unable to muster the aid necessary without outside help. That's true if we're talking city to city, or even adjoining states, in the case of huge hurricanes, etc.

They'd all have local responsibilities in their own community, which would take priority over sending away their personnel and other resources to help others.

In short, it's a wholly uninformed ideologically driven fantasy world they describe.
    A medium sized fish [...]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In short, it's a wholly uninformed ideologically driven fantasy world they describe. </div></div>

That covers everything the right "thinks" including Robme!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some idiot named haney posted this:

Yeah, you're probably right. </div></div>

Why can't you ever discuss anything honestly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Moving control to local hands not only reduces costs, but also gets relief to those in need faster. </div></div>

Any proof of that?

Ehhhhhhhhh.......... No.

Local Govt is the <u>MOST CORRUPT</u> Govt.

Colbert makes the case for FEMA
    link

Q </div></div>

Economics and common sense 101 ... the fewer people in the chain, the lower the cost and faster the service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some idiot named haney posted this:

Yeah, you're probably right. </div></div>

Why can't you ever discuss anything honestly? </div></div>

Hondo-If you agree with this , why not just do away with the military and let local and state government and private companies protect our citizens? Why did I risk my life as a teenager to fight for America?
    The right wingers just get nuttier and nuttier.

larry wilson-Moving control to local hands not only reduces costs, but also gets relief to those in need faster.

Now why would anyone oppose that.

How much more honest can I get, wilson?
    Why can't YOU ever discuss anything honestly?