Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its the video games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the video games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a news conference repeatedly interrupted by protesters blaming the NRA for “killing our kids,” LaPierre shoveled out blame far and wide, going after reporters for glorifying killers like Adam Lanza, violent movies, video games,
    Here we have the head of the NRA blaming video games for gun violence but.....

EA removes gun shop links from Medal of Honor site

Links to browse and buy real weapons featured in popular war-based video game Medal of Honor have been removed from the title's website.

It followed pressure from groups suggesting that video games were responsible for inciting real-world violence.

A representative for publisher EA said: "We felt it was inappropriate and took the links down."

Company logos, and descriptions of the weapons, remain on the game's website.

In the wake of the school shootings in Newtown, video game makers were criticised by influential US lobby group the National Rifle Association.

"There exists in this country, sadly, a callous, corrupt and corrupting shadow industry that sells and stows violence against its own people," said NRA vice president Wayne LaPierre at a press conference last week.

A special panel led by US vice president Joe Biden is currently examining potential ways to curb gun violence in the country.

Among proposals under consideration is a study into any possible links between children's exposure to video games and violence.
    'Unfair advantage!'

On the website for Medal of Honor, which has for years been a major seller for EA since the first title's release in 1999, news updates on the latest title discuss "partnerships" with weapons manufacturers.

A partners page displays 14 logos of companies producing combat equipment - but no longer link directly to the firms' individual sites.

In a separate news item on EA's main website, Medal of Honor's executive producer Greg Goodrich writes: "So head over to the Magpul website and gain an unfair advantage!". It refers to a Colorado-based firearms firm.

A promotional video showing the Magpul equipment was also released by the companies.

Real-world weapons are commonplace in video games which, like other entertainment forms, strive for accuracy and authenticity.
    ?

At the same time they are slamming the video games they are using the same games to sell their guns?

Watch the rat ......http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ed-to-newtown/

I might add, the NRA has ONLY 4 M members. Should anyone gives a rats a$$ what they think?

Q

Q
    Last edited by Qtec; 12-27-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    Remarkable.You leak a story, and then you quote the story. I mean,that's a remarkable thing to do

I might add, the NRA has ONLY 4 M members. Should anyone gives a rats a$$ what they think?

The billionaire Adelson has only 1 member. As with the NRA, it isn't the number of members, but the cash that makes him of concern.
    A medium sized fish [...]

So what, if anything, is the point you guys are trying to make?

The cause of the Newton shooting has been released!

The killer was nuckin futz!

One felony was commited by Lanza when the weapons stolen.

Another felony was commited when the weapons were moved to a gun free zone.

Another felony was commited with each discharge of one of a weapon, for a minimum of twenty six.

At a minimum, 28 felonies were commited by Lanza, because he was nuckin futz.

Lanza was, being nuckin futz, completely undeterred by either the number of laws broken, the numberof times he broe them, or te carnage he created ... because he was nuckin futz!

In addition, anyone who believes that an additional law ... such as the idiocy proposed in the US politburo, such as banning a thumbhole in the stock ... would ave prevented this tragedy, they also are nuckin futz.

Everything you wrote above is speculative, without foundation in disclosed evidence. As many contradictory stories that have been out there on this matter, I don't believe there has been any forensic evidence to show who did what when. Oddly enough, and evidently, the car from which the 'rifle' (shotgun?) was taken belongs to some other third party (???), it is claimed, by referencing the plate number visible in the video of the gun's removal from the trunk.

And apparently, by your 'reasoning,' we should eliminate the law against murder, since people ignore it so often?

Quote Originally Posted by Soflasnapper View Post
    And apparently, by your 'reasoning,' we should eliminate the law against murder, since people ignore it so often?
    When one needs to tell such lies, they would be better served to simply sign a concession statement ... of all the snakebelly low lies of the cabal, that one is near the worst.

I am among the few here advocating we enforce our laws ... while the cabal will claim that a cold blooded murderer who was convicted by a jury and lost 17 appeals over 30 years simply must be believed when they claim their innocence, yet will gladly sacrifice the civil liberties of the law abiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtec View Post
    Here we have the head of the NRA blaming video games for gun violence but.....

?

At the same time they are slamming the video games they are using the same games to sell their guns?

Watch the rat ......http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ed-to-newtown/

Q

Q
    No, we shouldn't give a rat's ass about what he says, but I'm glad he said it, because he further turned the country off, and he proved that the organization he lobbies for, is corrupt, without conscience, and also I believe his words helped to inspire the recent polls, showing the numbers of Americans who are demanding tighter Gun restrictions, and demanding these Assaut Weapons be outlawed, is higher than ever before.

Additionally, several towns and cities, in a number of states, are already collecting guns, for cash, and even some stores offering groceries, for guns.

This is a very good sign. I believe we have the best shot at tightening gun laws, removimng Assault Weaons, and magazines, passing tighter resrtictions, and getting better care for the mentally ill, as well.

The idiot lobbyist for NRA, turned out to be an advantage to the cause of removing Assault Weapons, and high capacity magazines, that's a start!

Quote Originally Posted by Qtec View Post

Q
    Tell me ... what guns is the NRA selling in these video games?

Can you cite n example?

What's that?

It was made up and spoon fed to you ... and you whined for seconds?

Imagine that.
    Last edited by LWW; 12-28-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    When one needs to tell such lies, they would be better served to simply sign a concession statement ... of all the snakebelly low lies of the cabal, that one is near the worst.

I am among the few here advocating we enforce our laws ... while the cabal will claim that a cold blooded murderer who was convicted by a jury and lost 17 appeals over 30 years simply must be believed when they claim their innocence, yet will gladly sacrifice the civil liberties of the law abiding.
    No one at the scene can identify who the shooter was, as he was masked.

A similarly dressed person or persons was/were taken into custody and handcuffed, face down on the ground. Police radio chatter stated two, maybe three other suspects. As the one apprehended third party was walked past by-standers, he stated 'I didn't do it.' (paraphrasing)

Your swallowing whole the conventional wisdom concerning Lanza as the proven perp is naive at best, recklessly negligent thinking at worst.

Let me guess ... it was George Herbert Walker Bush, who convenintly was in an ICU ward away from photographers?