Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBI: CLASSIFIED INFO ON PETRAEUS MISTRESS COMPUTER

FBI: CLASSIFIED INFO ON PETRAEUS MISTRESS COMPUTER

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>FBI finds ‘classified information’ on David Petraeus’ mistress’ computer</span>

Posted by News Desk on November 15, 2012 in News, Sourced, Wired, World ·

Washington, Nov. 15 (ANI): The FBI has found a substantial amount of classified information improperly saved on the personal computer of disgraced CIA Director General David Petraeus’ mistress.

The files were discovered on a machine removed from Paula Broadwell’s Charlotte, North Carolina, home as they investigated her affair with Petraeus, whose biography she co-wrote.

Investigators also found documents which Broadwell admitted taking from secure government buildings, adding that the government demanded that they all be returned.

According to the New York Times, the network said the FBI and military were going through the material and prosecutors were deciding whether to charge her with a crime.

“That’s why they were pulling so much stuff out of [Broadwell's] place,” a source said, referring to a search carried out Monday night, three days after Petraeus quit from his post because of the illegitimate affair.

The discoveries prompted the FBI to step up its probe of Broadwell, who anonymously sent harassing e-mails to Jill Kelley, a married “friend” of Petraeus.

According to the report, Broadwell’s top-secret stash was revealed shortly after President Barack Obama told a press conference that “I’ve seen no evidence at this point from what I’ve seen that classified information was disclosed in any way that would have had a negative impact on our national security.”

Broadwell, a former intelligence officer, also had her high security clearance suspended by the Army, an official said.

Meanwhile, Petraeus is expected to testify at a closed congressional hearing about the Sept. 11 killing of US Ambassador Chris Stevens in Benghazi, Libya, the report added. (ANI)

http://truthdive.com/2012/11/15/FBI-find...s-computer.html

Re: FBI: CLASSIFIED INFO ON PETRAEUS MISTRESS COMPUTER

Bump.

Are you going to say anything about the article or just bump?

eg8r

The plot thickens...
    A medium sized fish [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Soflasnapper View Post
    The plot thickens...
    I find it very strange that we haven't heard any more about this except that the law was broken, and that she did have classified material she wasn't supposed to have.

Will this be yet another Republican illegal act, that we never hear about again?

What I heard at the time was that some of what she had that was classified were things like where Petraeus was scheduled to be (when no schedule was published for him).

That may be very important info to an enemy, or probably not particularly important at all.

I find it quite typical that the cabal hated Petraeus when the regime commanded it ... and then loved him when told to love him ... and now hates him again, as ordered.

What I heard at the time was that some of what she had that was classified were things like where Petraeus was scheduled to be (when no schedule was published for him).

That may be very important info to an enemy, or probably not particularly important at all.
    I don't think we have all the information about what was in her house. We do know she had things there she was not supposed to have in her possession.

A full report, apparently isn't required by Repiglicans, when you are the mistress of a tool of The Military Industrial/Congressional Complex.

IIARIOK!
    Last edited by Gayle in MD; 12-10-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Don't you find it funny that some folks blame the republicans for democratic appointees?

Petraeus was a pet project of the Republicans, well before Obama appointed and re-appointed him to, I think, 3 other positions. That's among the reasons WHY Obama appointed him most likely, as he was wholly uncontroversial to the other side. I would agree that Obama has his own share of responsibility for the guy once he re-appointed him (several times in fact), but that doesn't take away the GOP-flavored support he's received consistently.

I think G's comment is to why the GOP House has apparently ducked its oversight function as to these matters, one might think out of favoritism to their boy. That appearance may be unfair, as maybe this is all under the Intelligence Committee's purview, and they are probably looking into it, with membership from both sides.