Thread: 'Anonymous' hacks 650+ Israeli sites...

Hybrid View

'Anonymous' hacks 650+ Israeli sites...

Story here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) this week began taking military action in the Gaza strip against Hamas (as the IDF announced on Twitter), Anonymous declared its own war as part of #OpIsrael. Among the casualties are thousands of email addresses and passwords, hundreds of Israeli Web sites, government-owned as well as privately owned pages, as well as databases belonging to Bank Jerusalem and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Anonymous @YourAnonNews

Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs database has been deleted | mashav.mfa.gov.il | #OpIsrael
    16 Nov 12

Retweet
    Favorite

Anonymous @YourAnonNews

Bank of Jerusalem database has been deleted | bankjerusalem.co.il | #OpIsrael #Anonymous
    16 Nov 12

Retweet
    Favorite

While the hacktivist group doesnít appear to be anywhere near satisfied yet, the YourAnonNews account, which has over 686,000 followers, did just send out this message:

Anonymous @YourAnonNews

Israel, all your base are belong to us.
    16 Nov 12

Retweet
    Favorite

If thatís not a declaration of success, I donít know what is. There have so far been hundreds of takedowns and defacements of sites by Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks; one Pastebin trying to list them all includes 659 Web sites. Not all of them are still down, but some are, and others are still defaced.

Another AnonPaste includes 2,004 email addresses, the majority of which appear to have corresponding passwords, allegedly stolen from an MySQL database belonging to dirotmodiin.co.il, a site for finding real estate in Israel. Many of them are hosted on Israeli domains, but there are also the usual Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo accounts.

Yet as already mentioned, weíre talking about more than just DDoS attacks that are overloading Web sites, such as tel-aviv.gov.il, the municipal site for the second most populous city in Israel (after Jerusalem). There are also plenty of defacements, and, as of a few minutes ago, databases have also been wiped. </div></div>

Apparently, they SAY it is in response to the Israeli plan to disconnect internet service to Gaza.

BTW, anyone else see this story anywhere? This was courtesy of a link from Little Green Footballs, and I hadn't seen it elsewhere, personally.
    A medium sized fish [...]

Re: 'Anonymous' hacks 650+ Israeli sites...

It was on Drudge.

There isn't anything wrong with America that liberal ideology, properly applied by government experts, can't make worse.

Re: 'Anonymous' hacks 650+ Israeli sites...

Yes, I saw it there after I posted, but some days I think after my first coming across it at LGF.

I admit going to Drudge as an early warning system (as to whatever meme the right will throw onto their airwaves en masse in group think agitprop), and to be sure, also a guilty pleasure.

I am so ashamed...
    A medium sized fish [...]

Is this the same group that you and Q. wrote about in another thread regarding election fraud?

Thanks,
    G.

Hard to say, but theoretically, yes.

There is no hierarchy to Anonymous, as it's a loose coalition of hackers, any one of whom, or anyone else, can claim anything. While it's probably more real a group than al Qaeda, the potential for false reports from claimants to the group is similar.