Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Christ Joining Tha Democratic Party

Charlie Christ Joining Tha Democratic Party

Welcome Aboard Governor.

Anyone know how to edit the post titles?
    Last edited by Gayle in MD; 12-08-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Typo error in title

Used to be possible in the edit function, which I do not see any longer.

So, just go with it:

Charlie Christ Joining Tha Bla Party (thanks Rick Santorum!)

UPDATE: the edit function button is right there (here?), and it appears to allow a title change as well.

So now all th dembots will obediently agree with a man they formerly obediently disagreed with ... an never realize they were played.

BTW ... is this Charlie fellow another brother of Jesus?

Hmmm, I couldn't even get the cursor to react in the title line???

Good point! Just like the Dems embraced the long-time GOP Senator Arlen Specter after he switched parties in '09, you mean, right?

Oh wait-- Specter was defeated in the '10 primary by the real Democrat in that primary, Joe Sestak, even though Arlen was given the official seal of approval by Clinton, and perhaps Obama.

I won't lie that the Florida Dems aren't anxious to get Gov. Lex Luthor, I mean Rick Scott, out of office. They are. Whether they'll decide Crist is the vehicle to accomplish that, given his profoundly damaged brand name, is far from a certainty (see Specter, Arlen).

Quote Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    BTW ... is this Charlie fellow another brother of Jesus?
    Christ isn't a last name, but a title, related to christening or annointing. Technically, it's as if one should say Jesus THE Christ (the christened, or annointed, one), i.e., the Messiah. All the kings of Israel were annointed with oil by the leading prophet of the day, and all were thus Messiahs, starting with King Saul.

Here's the Crooks and Liars site's take on his switch (hint: a bit different from your claims):

Florida Dems are very unhappy about this. OFA has done an end run around their process without even consulting them, and pretty much sidelined their efforts to get a progressive Democrat back in the state house. Think about all the races that OFA absolutely ignored. Why support Charlie Crist, who has all the integrity of a used car salesman? (Comparing the two is probably an insult to used care salesmen everywhere.)

One Florida activist told me that Morgan & Morgan (the tobacco settlement law firm where Crist is affiliated and one of the biggest funders of the Florida Democratic Party) have put a "no money unless Crist is your candidate for Governor" string, "and everyone at the top has grabbed hold of the string without thinking twice."

And it's also rather widely known that Charlie Crist has a Jim McGreevy problem. I wonder how the Bible thumpers of Florida will react when the Republicans start pushing the story they kept under wraps -- as long as Charlie was a Republican.

I reckon they are going to crucyfy Him.
    But He might arize on the third day.
    In any case i kan feel a book kumming on.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Soflasnapper View Post
    Christ isn't a last name, but a title, related to christening or annointing. Technically, it's as if one should say Jesus THE Christ (the christened, or annointed, one), i.e., the Messiah. All the kings of Israel were annointed with oil by the leading prophet of the day, and all were thus Messiahs, starting with King Saul.
    Christ isn't Chalie's last name either ... look up, it's circling above your head.