Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie Christ Joining Tha Democratic Party

I know what Cha[r]lie's last name is, which is why I used it correctly in my post (which see). A common error was made as to his name, you made an incorrect* joke about it, and then I deconstructed your joke.

*Jesus is said to have brothers, none of whom use 'Christ' as a 'last name.'

[QUOTE=Soflasnapper;402639]Here's the Crooks and Liars site's take on his switch (hint: a bit different from your claims):

My claims? What claims?

BTW, did Christ get married? Think I recall hearing that he did.

I've heard those stories, too, BTW.

First thing I thought when I head he was going to join the Dems, was that if he is Gay, perhaps he has decided to come out.

Being Gay isn't a big issue in the Democratic Party.

I don't really know that much about Crist. If he can add to the Democratic numbers in Congress, then I'm all for it!

[QUOTE=Gayle in MD;402676]
    Quote Originally Posted by Soflasnapper View Post
    Here's the Crooks and Liars site's take on his switch (hint: a bit different from your claims):

My claims? What claims?
    Sorry, I was referring to LWW's claim: So now all th dembots will obediently agree with a man they formerly obediently disagreed with ... an never realize they were played.

Simply using the 'reply' button doesn't say who you are replying to.

LWW said the Dems would happily forget about opposing him, and welcome him into their ranks unquestioning and uncritically. C&L reports the opposite among Florida Democrats (i.e., the only Democrats that matter in that question).

Yes, Crist got married, as part of his senate run strategy, to quash those rumored truths (imo).
    A medium sized fish [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Soflasnapper View Post
    Christ isn't a last name, but a title, related to christening or annointing. Technically, it's as if one should say Jesus THE Christ (the christened, or annointed, one), i.e., the Messiah. All the kings of Israel were annointed with oil by the leading prophet of the day, and all were thus Messiahs, starting with King Saul.
    It's kinda sad that you had to explain that to him.
    May God bless all of you.

I fully understood it ...the OP, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    It's kinda sad that you had to explain that to him.
    I assume he knew that and was making a poor joke, so by deconstructing the joke, I showed it wasn't funny as it was too far off what the usage will bear. More of a pun, then, and all puns are horrible, including my own, LOL!
    A medium sized fish [...]