Thread: Replies not appearing.

Hybrid View

Replies not appearing.

I have noticed that replies are not appearing consistently. Most recently a reply to you on a suggestion thread.
    I enter it and it disappears.

Also I see an auto save feature pops up to save your text. It retrieved itself once so I could repost.
    Nice feature.
    Where do I access that content if something goes awry so as not to have to retype the post?

Thank you.

There isn't anything wrong with America that liberal ideology, properly applied by government experts, can't make worse.

This is directly from the vbulletin site...

Auto-Save in vBulletin 4.1.4

Besides the shiny buttons and smoother overall functionality, the biggest new feature added in the initial release of the updated editor in vBulletin 4.1.4 is the ability to “Auto-Save” content. What does this mean, exactly? Content auto-save is like an emergency parachute – it automatically saves your content so that it can be restored in the event that things go very wrong.

Imagine this scenario. You’ve sat down to write a blog entry or a really long reply to a thread. Like a mad composer, you are banging away on the keyboard typing away furiously; your words and ideas are flowing freely into the editor. In an unfortunate twist of cruel fate your foot kicks the power outlet and unplugs your computer. Your computer shuts down as you begin to panic – the panic slowly transforming into agonizing rage. Well, there is good news! The new CKEditor automatically backs up your work every 30 seconds (this is adjustable). You curse the skies, successfully reboot your computer and navigate back to the page where you were writing the content, click the “Restore Auto-Save” button and magically – your masterpiece is now restored. Nothing has been lost!

This magic auto-save functionality applies to the editor in general and is available in all vBulletin sections, including CMS, Forums and Blogs.

Very nice.
    People get cranky when their master pieces disappear into the ether.
    Where is this restore auto-save located?

Thank you.

There isn't anything wrong with America that liberal ideology, properly applied by government experts, can't make worse.