View Poll Results: Is there a God, or Creator if you prefer?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely, I have no doubt.

3 42.86%
  • I believe, but accept I may be wrong.

1 14.29%
  • I am unsure.

0 0%
  • I disbelieve, but accept I may be wrong.

2 28.57%
  • Absolutely not, I have no doubt

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is there a God?

Is there a God?

I'm taking an idea from another forum.

Let's try to keep things civil.

While there are many useful idiots doing the devils work (showing their close relationship to the lower parts of their evolutionary chain), God's work can everywhere be seen.
    Larry in VA...James Kopp, A real Hero and martyr.

Is this to be discussed, or just answered poll-style above? (I registered my answer already there.)

I'd expressed the second most certain attitude, only because I'll accept the limitations of human imagination and understanding, and therefore have some humility as to how certain I can be of anything.

Meaning, mainly, that I wouldn't be surprised to find that God is considerably different from the conception I've received and refined over decades, and perhaps far less a personal God, and more a Deist's notion of a rule maker, not a day to day ref.

But I believe He is all that-- rule maker and day to day ref, trainer, coach, and friend, as well as Creator.
    A medium sized fish [...]

Of course it's meant to be discussed.

My beliefs are pretty similar to yours.

This same topic has ran on AZB for over a month with well over 1,000 posts ... and has done so with a high level of intellectual discssion from all sides without jumping into the gutter of personal attacks, other than the brief appearance of Secaucus Fats, and I had honestly hoped this forum could approach that level of civility and intellectual discourse.

That it has not disappoints me greatly.

The presence of the polling function at the beginning might get people to think the poll is the thing, not the discussion. And the poll got all the 5 we now only have as regulars to answer, apparently. It's not as if we have 20 regulars as a base of responses and then responders to the responses.
    A medium sized fish [...]

I voted certainly not.
    God iz impossible -- ie the jewish christian islam God.
    But the poll shood hav sayd a god, not a God. For starters u kan say God (not here), but not a God (not here and not anywhere).
    Alltho praps kathlix might beleev in 3 Gods -- hmmmm, getting komplikated.
    Anyhow, god or gods or God or creator, i vote no.

The question of a creator iz praps a sort of separate item i suppoze. I mean u might beleev in a god or gods but dont beleev in creation az such. And u might beleev in a creator but not in a god (unlikely i admit).
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by llotter View Post
    While there are many useful idiots doing the devils work (showing their close relationship to the lower parts of their evolutionary chain), God's work can everywhere be seen.
    I thort that Satan woz God's righthandman. But even if u mean some other sort of devil, then wouldnt God hav made the devil.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by cushioncrawler View Post
    I voted certainly not.
    God iz impossible -- ie the jewish christian islam God.
    But the poll shood hav sayd a god, not a God. For starters u kan say God (not here), but not a God (not here and not anywhere).
    Alltho praps kathlix might beleev in 3 Gods -- hmmmm, getting komplikated.
    Anyhow, god or gods or God or creator, i vote no.

The question of a creator iz praps a sort of separate item i suppoze. I mean u might beleev in a god or gods but dont beleev in creation az such. And u might beleev in a creator but not in a god (unlikely i admit).
    mac.
    Do you believe that you have a choice in your belief?

Quote Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Of course it's meant to be discussed. My beliefs are pretty similar to yours.
    Hell, so are mine. Look, there are (hav been) say 2,860 gods in human history.

Fellas in category 1 dont beleev in 2,859.00 ovem.
    Fellas in category 2 dont beleev in 2,859.25 ovem.
    Fellas in category 3 dont beleev in 2,859.50 ovem.
    Fellas in category 4 dont beleev in 2,859.75 ovem.
    Fellas in category 5 dont beleev in 2,860.00 ovem.

I am in category 5. How similar iz that.
    mac.