Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Graham Continues His Hostage Taking Threats on the Debt Ceiling

Lindsey Graham Continues His Hostage Taking Threats on the Debt Ceiling

Here we go again with Lindsey Graham continuing to threaten to use the debt ceiling to inflict pain on the working class, or as he calls it, "saving Social Security and Medicare." Graham made this exact same threat almost a year ago where he was a little more specific about his plans for our social safety nets.
    Lindsey gets squashed.

Chuck Schumer responded by reminding the viewers just how reckless Graham's remarks are and by reiterating that President Obama is not going to allow what happened the last time around to happen again. That apparently has had zero affect on Graham who is still going to go out there and stomp his feet and make ridiculous comparisons to Greece to try to scare the public, when the ones they ought to be afraid of are Graham and his fellow Republicans who are determined to continue to destroy what's left of the middle class in America and to shred every one of our social safety nets for the most vulnerable among us.

Graham feigns concern over the budget deficit now, but he never has those same concerns back when Bush was blowing mile wide holes in it with tax cuts for the rich and invading a couple of countries which he refused to put on the books. Graham's solutions never seem to include any military spending, since that's apparently the only jobs program that Republicans like -- putting military contractors to work.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...-hostage-takin

Q
    Remarkable.You leak a story, and then you quote the story. I mean,that's a remarkable thing to do

Graham and all the hostage takers are unAmerican, anti-American. Our system is one of checks and balances, not maximalist unilateralist extortion demands. What is the supposed check or balance on such hostage takers? (I don't count being outvoted in one body as the kind of check I mean-- there should be an outside check from a different body.)

It's like a child saying he's going to hold his breath until he dies, except in this case, until the country defaults.
    A medium sized fish [...]

It aint rocket science. If mac were prezz.
    Allow abortions on mondays and thursdays.
    Allow drugs.
    Annul and nullify all prezent taxations.
    Impoze a (1% of 1%) taxation on all money moovements involving banks etc.
    Make carrying guns compulsory. I think revolvers. Praps 3-shot, eg a 6-shot but with every other hole filled.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Soflasnapper View Post
    Graham and all the hostage takers are unAmerican, anti-American. Our system is one of checks and balances, not maximalist unilateralist extortion demands. What is the supposed check or balance on such hostage takers? (I don't count being outvoted in one body as the kind of check I mean-- there should be an outside check from a different body.)

It's like a child saying he's going to hold his breath until he dies, except in this case, until the country defaults.
    LOL Yeah,its a bit like the GOP holding a gun to Obama's head and saying,"give us what we want or the country gets it"!
    I really don't know why the GOP thinks this is a good idea. Then again, he is another nutjob bigmouth who thinks the same.

The Republicans actually have a “very strong negotiation position,” Trump said. Which is: the debt ceiling. It could be “devastating to Democrats if the Republicans want to play that card,” he added. “The Republicans have tremendous power of negotiation, and I don’t think they know it.”

The debt ceiling is their “nuclear weapon,” Trump argued, and they should use it.
    What an idiot.

Q

BTW, totally off topic, see this, thought you guys might like this. Pretty cool. Left,right and then left again!

http://www.fangraphs.com/not/wp-cont...ckletastic.gif

The catcher almost misses it!

Here’s how Scientific American describes the physics of the pitch:

“Air drags along the smooth parts of a baseball surface, but the seams produce little vortices that allow air to travel more quickly over them. A fastball rotates 16 or 17 times between the pitcher and batter, and the rapid rotation means that the airflow turbulence caused by the seams is pretty evenly spread over the whole ball and the entire trajectory of the throw, so it travels steadily. On the other hand, a knuckleball rotates only one half to one time on its way to the batter, so the airflow turbulence stays on one side of the ball for a while before slowly moving to the other. The ball drifts in the direction of the leading seam, which slowly moves from one side to the other.”
    Last edited by Qtec; 12-25-2012 at 01:22 AM.
    Remarkable.You leak a story, and then you quote the story. I mean,that's a remarkable thing to do

With that knuckleball i find it hard to beleev that the pitcher kan deliver a fastish ball yet only hav axial spin on the ball, ie zero topspin and zero sidespin.
    So, the GOP might play their baseball card. But what sort of pitch will the GOP choose.

Pretendball -- pitcher duzz perfikt windup and throw, but there aint nuthin there -- wheres the ball, there aint no ball -- the catcher punches hiz mitt and it sounds like a ball -- the umpire calls SSTIRRRRRRYKKKKKK -- and the pitcher throws the pretend ball back to the pitcher who pretends to catch it and pretends to pitch it again.
    mac.

Read allso.
    Pretend cliff.
    Pretend congress.
    Pretend country.
    Pretend happyness.

Funny. Step daughter driving home saw a koala sitting on a letterbox near our corner. Looks like it woz waiting for a Xmas card. I will send a pix later.
    mac.
    Last edited by cushioncrawler; 12-25-2012 at 02:47 AM.

the ball drifts in the direction of the leading seam, which slowly moves from one side to the other.”

Yes, it seems to go to the right, and then to the left. I knew the knuckleball had a peculiar motion, but this is the first time I'd seen it in slo-mo. Pretty sure this is impossible!!! LOL!

Pretendball -- pitcher duzz perfikt windup and throw, but there aint nuthin there -- wheres the ball, there aint no ball -- the catcher punches hiz mitt and it sounds like a ball -- the umpire calls SSTIRRRRRRYKKKKKK -- and the pitcher throws the pretend ball back to the pitcher who pretends to catch it and pretends to pitch it again.

That's like an old story that's been told about one of the fireballing fastball pitchers of yore-- Walter Johnson, if I remember correctly. Supposedly a batter was out on a called third strike, and he told the umpire he wasn't arguing, but where was the pitch? The umpire replied, 'it sounded high and inside.' (Here's some commentary about Walter Johnson I ran across

Batters facing Walter Johnson often alleged that they could not actually see the ball. Umpire Billy Evans admitted that even he couldn't tell if the ball was crossing the plate or not. Quite an admission.

Batters often admitted that they couldn't tell if they were swinging over the ball, under the ball, or anything. Even Babe Ruth told of his first AB against Johnson in 1915. He says he stepped into the batters box. Bam, bam, bam. Back to the dugout. Easiest victim Walter ever had. Babe never swung, never saw any pitches. But he heard something swish by. He told the ump that the pitches sounded high.

Another batter, I think it was Jimmie Dykes was, was batting agaisnt Walter and his arm comes down. Jimmie is waiting and the ball never arrives. Then the catcher is returning the ball. Jimmie turns to the ump, with questioning eyes. The ump tells him to take his base. Huh? says Jimmie. The ump then informs him that if he doesn't think the ball clipped him, feel his bill cap.

Jimmie does and the bill is turned all the way around. Jimmie turns white. Never even saw a ball! Only Nolan Ryan was that fast in modern times.
    No one ever alleged they couldn't even see a ball. So I equate Johnson with Ryan. Ryan was timed over 100 mph.

Feller was time at 98.6. Body temperature. Many equated Feller with Grove. But no one ever claimed that they couldn't follow Feller's pitches. So I measure Johnson over 100. With Ryan.

When Feller came along in '37, he electrified the BB world, with his 98.5 mph velocity. So that was the top rate for the BB world at the time.

Good post!
    May God bless all of you.

In slow-mow, duz the ball spit on the batter az it passes???
    Like in the bugsbunny cartoons i think.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by cushioncrawler View Post
    In slow-mow, duz the ball spit on the batter az it passes???
    Like in the bugsbunny cartoons i think.
    mac.
    Only when Phil Niekro is pitching.