Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Who said anything about jack booted fascists?

You feeling OK?

You seem a bit more "OUT THERE" than usual?

Quote Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Thanks for sharing ... and there is a lesson about ruaway statism that I wasn't expecting. I don't believe even half of the mail receptacles would be legal here ... and to the right US moonbat, following a koala wouldbe considerec criminal.
    Theze letterboxes probly belong to joints that are on bushtracks off the main road (if u kood call it a main road), ie where the mailman duznt like to drive to. We live 8 minutes down the road, or 7 minutes if the shire grader haz fixed the corrugations (rare). In fakt we hav a short cut to town throo the bush along tracks where there aint no corrugations. Most joints hav their own letterbox out front, but i havnt ever heard of any regulations here (or in the usofa) about letterbox design. There are lots of letterboxes around here where a letter iz eezyly blown out by the wind, or gets rained on. Us, we aint got a letterbox, alltho i am thinking that there iz a rule in fakt that everyone haztahav a letterbox, and a street number. But we do hav our street number on our gate, No 120, which means we are 1200m from the end of our little street.
    Yeah looks like that koala got a fright and scuttled up a letterbox koz it woz a bit closer than the trees, or praps koz horses might eat koalas.
    mac.

Yeah i remember in ozz years ago during one of the many amnesty periods, i took our unregistered etc 0.22 rifle into the local police station. madSherie used to hav a proper cartridge in it (for a warning shot), and then a ratshot cartridge (for a painfull warning shot), and then a proper cartridge again (for a serious shot). Felt funny walking in with rifle, i kood hav been a suicidal shooter, or NRA even.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Who said anything about jack booted fascists?

You feeling OK?

You seem a bit more "OUT THERE" than usual?
    First, I'm always out there.

Second, you were complaining about runaway statism with regard to the USPS, whose pedigree as a legitimate function of the US federal government extends back to the founders and Benjamin Franklin.

Just trying to get in your spirit, in which you find a standardized set of allowable post office boxes to be runaway statism as even you hadn't noticed until now. (Despite this being the case for how many decades now?) Clearly, obvious signs of the soul-stealing, individual-crushing state and its worship, which might as well be jack-booted fascists. Slippery slope and all.

Sofla, behind sofa... Tin foil hat cannot be far in the future. LOL!
    A medium sized fish [...]

Quote Originally Posted by cushioncrawler View Post
    Theze letterboxes probly belong to joints that are on bushtracks off the main road (if u kood call it a main road), ie where the mailman duznt like to drive to. We live 8 minutes down the road, or 7 minutes if the shire grader haz fixed the corrugations (rare). In fakt we hav a short cut to town throo the bush along tracks where there aint no corrugations. Most joints hav their own letterbox out front, but i havnt ever heard of any regulations here (or in the usofa) about letterbox design. There are lots of letterboxes around here where a letter iz eezyly blown out by the wind, or gets rained on. Us, we aint got a letterbox, alltho i am thinking that there iz a rule in fakt that everyone haztahav a letterbox, and a street number. But we do hav our street number on our gate, No 120, which means we are 1200m from the end of our little street.
    Yeah looks like that koala got a fright and scuttled up a letterbox koz it woz a bit closer than the trees, or praps koz horses might eat koalas.
    mac.
    Here all ail boxes must be approved by the US POSTMASTER GENERAL ... although I didn't see him approve ours, it is embossed on the mailbox door that he did.

I remember when the postie rode a bicycle and blew a whistle if u had mail.
    mac.

How many boxes did Ben inspect?

Why do we need gubmint approval of a box when, as Mac's photos show, a 5 gallon pickle bucket will work fine?

But ... you worship a state that tells you how many gallons per flush your terlet uses, and which dictates the exact dimensions of urinals.
    Last edited by LWW; 12-30-2012 at 06:13 AM.