Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If only someone had guns there! NJ police station shooting...

If only someone had guns there! NJ police station shooting...

Clearly, if only we'd had armed teachers in that NJ police station, no one would have been hurt.

GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. A man being processed on a domestic violence charge grabbed a gun and shot and injured three officers at a police station in southern New Jersey before he was killed.

It happened at the Gloucester Township police station in Camden County.
    Police say gunfire erupted inside the station at about 5:45 a.m. Friday.
    As the man was being processed on the complaint, he grabbed a gun and began firing. Three officers were hit before the suspect was shot and killed.
    Deputy Police Chief David Harkins says one officer suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen and was undergoing surgery. Two other officers suffered minor injuries.
    I've heard that the most common way for policemen to be killed in the line of duty is with their own sidearm.

If a trained officer can have his gun taken and used, how are much less well trained teachers and school administrators to avoid this happening?

If the teachers and administrators lock up their weapons securely to avoid this happening, how can they then respond quickly enough to prevent slaughter by gunfire in the meantime?

If a felon or crazed person (in a registry) cannot obtain a weapon, wouldn't they just go to a school where they know there are weapons, to seize and use one?
    A medium sized fish [...]

Let me ask you which is the larger number ... 26 or 3?

You ay use GOOGLE if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soflasnapper View Post
    If a felon or crazed person (in a registry) cannot obtain a weapon, wouldn't they just go to a school where they know there are weapons, to seize and use one?
    Being that our law enforcement is lax in prosecution of crimes for selling guns to thugs, any gang banger can pick up a "USED" nine ball for a Franklin in the hood ... or any briar hopper can do the same from the local kleagle in the trailerhood ... your statement smells of desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Let me ask you which is the larger number ... 26 or 3?

You ay use GOOGLE if needed.
    If we wish to turn a discussion from 'preventing' to 'minimizing,' then the suggestion for restriction on sales of larger extended magazines is well in play.
    Last edited by Soflasnapper; 12-28-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Why?

A pistol will hold fewer rounds by nature, a long gun is a far less effective close quarters weapon but some carry more rounds.

On what logical basis do you believe that outlawing smaller cap mags will stop murderers from using them? If that is the case, why hasn't making murder illegal stopped murder?

BTW ... I own a pistol bought during the old 10 round capacity law. What was the physical difference between the older 15 round mags and the then legal 15 rounders?

What do you think was required to convert them to 15 rounders once the law expired?

Which would I most likely kill the most humans with ... a Colt 1911 .45ACP JHP and s seven round clip, or a TEC9 assault weapon and a forty round clip of FMJ?

Your "FIX" is very much naive and overly simplistic.

Beyond that ... the world is much better served if the goal was keeping guns away from baddies.

I don't have a fix. I recommended as worthwhile DISCUSSING a mag restriction. Why would that help? It would help minimize the situation.

Several times in the recent mass shootings it all ended when the shooter ran out of ammo in even his extended magazine, and then had to stop to reload another mag. That's when the bystanders were able to storm his position and disarm him and take him into custody. With fewer bullets per magazine, that point would have been reached sooner in time, and with fewer rounds shot into the civilians or first responders in the meantime. Complete common sense.

You don't even know the physical difference between a 15 round mag and a 10 round mag do you.

Impress me.

No, deflect some more. Even the Cheneys, father and daughter, agree with restricting the sale of higher capacity magazines.

Didnt Dick accidentally shoot a fellow GOP shooting friend in the butt, years ago!!!!!!
    Wonder what size bullet. And what size magazine.
    mac.

But u will find all of that information if u look up the details of Dick's trial.

Perhaps that is also true, but the event that was notorious was his shooting a member of his party in the face, not the butt.

It was a shotgun, using small shot suitable for quayle or other small birds, or else his shooting buddy would probably have been killed.