Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make Your Own Deficit-Reduction Plan...

Make Your Own Deficit-Reduction Plan...

...Unless lawmakers can agree on measures to reduce the deficit, standing legislation will do it for them. Under the "Fiscal Cliff" scenario, the Congressional Budget Office projects a deficit of $142 billion by 2020, or a $1.102 trillion deficit if some tax cuts are extended and other policies remain in effect. Try your hand at balancing the budget by selecting from some options outlined by the CBO:
    PROJECTED DEFICIT IN 2020, IN BILLIONS

http://projects.wsj.com/my-deficit-plan/#sel=0-0-0

wow I came up with a $20 billion surplus

I took us a $38B surplus ... and I think overall a balanced budget would cause huge growth nd lec to an even higher surplus.

Quote Originally Posted by nAz View Post
    ...Unless lawmakers can agree on measures to reduce the deficit, standing legislation will do it for them. Under the "Fiscal Cliff" scenario, the Congressional Budget Office projects a deficit of $142 billion by 2020, or a $1.102 trillion deficit if some tax cuts are extended and other policies remain in effect. Try your hand at balancing the budget by selecting from some options outlined by the CBO:
    PROJECTED DEFICIT IN 2020, IN BILLIONS

http://projects.wsj.com/my-deficit-plan/#sel=0-0-0

wow I came up with a $20 billion surplus
    I'm too busy to try my hand at it, but I''m glad to see you posting, and just wanted to say, I hope you, and Wendy, (Please forward my comments to her) are doing well, and had a very Merry Christmas, and will have a very happy and healthy New Year!

Love,
    Gayle

At least some folks are willing to look at what can be done, and the results.

Sadly some others are happy to let the party think for them and then tell them what their "OPINION" is.

Whats the problem with big debt?? (Answer -- probly nothing.)
    Whats the problem with big unemployment??? (Answer -- everything.)
    mac.

Big debt starves investment ... lack of investment starves employment ... lack of employment feeds deb.

Big debt feeds investment. But here i am talking about a keynsian debt, ie nonfunded.

A funded debt sort of crowds out investment koz the debt iz sort of funded by bondbuyers which in theory sucks most of that dough from the free market. But even here the debt still feeds investment, allbeit not anywhere near az well az nonfunded debt.
    Funded debt iz half ok if the bonds are bort by say China -- it helps the employment situation -- but then later it haztabe payd back, not so good.
    mac.

Soflasnapper will point out that nowadays plastik cards kan feed buying etc and hencely investment etc. But mac would point out that in a recession/depression plastik reeches a point where it haztabe payd off, at the worst possible time probly, and the muzic dies, and then the plastik bekums a brake on the economy, a spanner in the gearing, a stick in the spokes, a pain in the usofa's bum.
    mac.
    Last edited by cushioncrawler; 12-29-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Simple. Fire every numb nuts Republican who we all know are ONLY focused on obstructing anything positive that Obama might create. Hire some girl scouts. sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious View Post
    Simple. Fire every numb nuts Republican who we all know are ONLY focused on obstructing anything positive that Obama might create. Hire some girl scouts. sid

Now there's a great idea!

Shoulda fired all the Repiglicans back in 2000, we'd never have been in this mess in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious View Post
    So you stop runaway spending with even greater ruaway pending?

BRILLIANT!