Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun buy back programs-- acceptable? good? or slippery slope bad?

I go for 1 and 3 and 4 and 5. Theze all apply a bit or a lot.
    No 2 duznt apply for me.
    Aktually, No 6 might be the real answer for me if i gave it more thort.
    mac.

Praps a No7 might be needed.
    No7 says that if u ranked the real problems in the usofa, then guns would be near the bottom of the page.
    And if u categorized the list based on size and urgency of problem, guns would not be on the main or first page -- guns might be on say page 2, in a lowish category of problem.
    mac.
    Last edited by cushioncrawler; 01-08-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Its a total waste of time because most of those who hand in guns usually have many more at home. Over the years, gun ownership has fallen but sales have increased. eg, Those that mostly buy guns must already have guns.

Q
    Remarkable.You leak a story, and then you quote the story. I mean,that's a remarkable thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Qtec View Post
    Its a total waste of time because most of those who hand in guns usually have many more at home. Over the years, gun ownership has fallen but sales have increased. eg, Those that mostly buy guns must already have guns.

Q
    Not so sure, Friend. I don't think it's a waste of time. Every gun that is taken out of use, is one more gun that can't be used to kill people.

And if we can stop them from selling more of them, (Assault Weapons) and we can put these nuts in jail if we catch them with them, we can make a huge difference.

If the gun nuts have them, and they're against the law, and they don't turn them in, those who keep them will have to be looking over their shoulders when they're using them out in the woods, bragging about them on the internet, showing them off, etc., and that will lead to their arrests/

If we outlaw all of them, we will help to protect the environment from all the lead seeping into ground water from all of those bullets they leave all over the woods that are actually killing animals, (:ikely people as well) and causing birth defects, and brain cancers.

If they own them, and get caught selling them, they'll go to jail.

If all of these assault weapons are outlawed, and the high capacity magazines, and armor piercing bullets, I believe many lives would be saved, and their ownership would decline over years, instead of going through the roof every time we have a person of color elected to office, or the radical RW press starts spreading fear and ridiculous rumors around, just to pump up their sales.

I hope there will be a ban in the VP's plan.
    Last edited by Gayle in MD; 01-11-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soflasnapper View Post
    So, I'll mark you down as undecided, clearly. LOL!

More a 1) above, but a 1 (a).

I reckon that lots of new bans are on the way. But theze wont make any difference to anything.
    Anyhow guns must be down near No100 in the list of usofa problems.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by cushioncrawler View Post
    I reckon that lots of new bans are on the way. But theze wont make any difference to anything.
    Anyhow guns must be down near No100 in the list of usofa problems.
    mac.

Don't worry, Mac. It'll all work out just fine. We are THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, after all. Where would most other countries be right now, without THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

Hmmmmm -- the usofa iz why drugs are illegal -- which iz why crooks rule in lots of countrys.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by cushioncrawler View Post
    Hmmmmm -- the usofa iz why drugs are illegal -- which iz why crooks rule in lots of countrys.
    mac.
    Oh yeah? Are drugs legal in your country? Are they legal in the U. K.? In Ireland? In Italy? In cuba? How about Germany? Russia?

I like you Mac, but I am getting pretty tired of you blaming everything wrong in the world, on my country, bashing my country non stop!

Why not take a good long look at what's wrong in your own country, for a change? Perfect?

Mightbe i woz thinking of just hemp. The BIG TREE companys (ie theusofa) got the usofa to ban hemp globally so that small farmers koodnt farm -- ie so that tree products were needed moreso -- and trees need big companys.
    The world bank (ie theusofa) didnt giv small countrys loans unless small countrys banned hemp. The loans were of course for big companys -- and when repayments werent repayd this allowed big companys to shark the countrys even moreso.
    Drugs global warming etc -- going nowhere -- mainly koz of theusofa.

Ozz -- ozz iz little different to theusofa. Same krappynomix -- same murdoch -- big bizness rules.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle in MD View Post
    Oh yeah? Are drugs legal in your country? Are they legal in the U. K.? In Ireland? In Italy? In cuba? How about Germany? Russia?

I like you Mac, but I am getting pretty tired of you blaming everything wrong in the world, on my country, bashing my country non stop!

Why not take a good long look at what's wrong in your own country, for a change? Perfect?
    When I think of many of his posts, the word "over-simplification" comes to mind.

Wait! Wait! That's not the word I was looking for! "Simple". That's the word.
    May God bless all of you.