Thread: ATTN : CCB POSTERS

ATTN : CCB POSTERS

To all CCB Posters ---

If you are unhappy with this REGRESSIVE "improvement" which mimics the format on TBC (yuk) and AZBilliards (great site, bad format), DO NOT DESPAIR.

Playpool.Com uses the WebBBS format we have enjoyed here and their archives function correctly.

See you all on Playpool.Com

Troy...~~~ Very unhappy ex-poster

Re: ATTN : CCB POSTERS

I've been mostly a lurker on this board. I'm a diehard pool player (not good, but DIEHARD). When I see postings from rackmup, Dr. D, Jay, the Toms, the Chris', Howie, Carol, Troy, the Jim's, the Steve's, Blackheart, and a lot others too many to mention, I know the postings are going to be informative, funny, friendly, and positive. I've enjoyed reading and have learned a lot from this board.

It saddens me that some are leaving, or are not posting. Please stay. We crave your postings. Don't be a "it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks". If nothing else, stay for your friends, the new friends you made on this board and please stay for us lurkers who value your postings.

This old dog is getting used to this new format, I think I'm beginning to like it too.

Thank you very much. Best wishes to all whether you decide to stay or go.

Note: This is a repost to reach more posters.

troy,
    Hey, we get it, you can't handle it!!!! We'll see you. It's been nice, good-bye and all that #%^$%^. [img]/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I this now your mission in life? Go there and enjoy yourself. I read the other boards all the time. There is not many here that are not aware of the other boards, and don't visit them. They just don't feel the need to pit one against the other and preach about it. They enjoy both. It is very interesting how some, including you have made this so personal. I look at the other board and see a lot of bad mouthing of this board. There is a whole world out there beyond these boards. Get a life, this is not very important stuff in the grand scheme of things. Why is this effecting some people so much. It is just a dumb board, who cares anyway. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Q-Guy & cheesemouse --- I find it amazing that both your posts are in "attack mode" simply because I said that Playpool.Com has retained the format we all know and use the most.

The CCB Webmaster has asked for feedback and I gave it.
    I'm sorry for you if you can't handle that.

Troy

Troy... I believe that Q-Guy & cheesemouse's sentiments are more in the line of irritation as opposed to 'attacking'. You have made your sentiments quite clear that you do not like this new format and reitterated your opinion throughout this board. Yes it is quite different from the old board, but that doesn't mean that we should abandon it. Take a look at the views (hits) on the threads, it isn't like no-one is reading them. The CCB has always been the best place place to post and be seen by a high volume of people - most of them very knowledgeable and insightful - and will continue to do so.

Having people try to switch over to the 'other' sites and telling people that you will never post again (ie ...EX-POSTER) - that's what's irritating and it's also not fair to the folks running this board. Historically they've provided us with a great forum to get together and express our passion for pool & billiards. Now in their effort to try to provide us with better viewing capabilities, sorting, private messaging, secured login nicknames, and other options and features that 'seem' to be far too advanced from the 'OLD CCB', you just abandon ship? I don't have to speak for myself here, but there are those here that are having fun setting up there own personal preferences and learning the new CCB. Because we know that when all this settles down and people are accustomed to this new format, this CCB will still be the best place to post and receive trusted quality responses and be viewed by many. I commend this board for their efforts, and I am happy that they provide this service for our pool & billiards virtual community, and I hope the posting Greats do not forget this fact.

In other words, You insist the whole world must think like you. Do you really believe no one here is aware of other boards? I don't think anyone needs counseling as to what board to read. I did not attack you, I did suggest a reality check though. Why don't you just enjoy one board or both boards and forget about it, and I am sure everyone else will do the same.

Troy, I'm sorry you're so disappointed and annoyed with this new format. When this new format came on-line, I also didn't care for it. But then again when I first started useing Hal's system, I didn't didn't really care for it either. I adjusted to both. The same-old same-old isn't always the best. Many times change turns out to be better. Since you are posting on this board, it apparently isn't that hard to use. There is nothing wrong with posting on two or more different boards. Don't give up, I have enjoyed your past post. I know my pool game is always changeing, I consider that improveing. Jim R.