Thread: Ted Cruz: Only Democrats Are Threatening Default on the Debt

Ted Cruz: Only Democrats Are Threatening Default on the Debt

http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-bel...cent-mann-and-

Howard Kurtz Plays Innocent with Mann and Ornstein's Call of Media Bias

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...reatening-defa

Ted Cruz: Only Democrats Are Threatening Default on the Debt
    Senator, are you willing to risk default on our debt by taking this debt ceiling battle right to the limit?
    Cruz. "NO!
    McConnell: Obama Will Be 'Dragged Kicking and Screaming' to Get Spending Cuts
    http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...d-kicking-and-

Gregory pointed out that trillions of dollars in spending cuts had been part of last year's Budget Control Act and Republicans had refused to accept significant cuts in entitlement programs as a part of a larger deals offered by Democrats going back to debt ceiling negotiations in 2011.

"You can re-litigate the past if you want to," McConnell laughed.
    Gregory should have slapped him.

Q
    Last edited by Qtec; 01-07-2013 at 07:49 AM.
    Remarkable.You leak a story, and then you quote the story. I mean,that's a remarkable thing to do

Mitch.

Cashing In On Obstruction: How Mitch McConnell’s Abuse of the Filibuster Benefits His Big Money Donors

Executive Summary

Since Republicans lost the majority in 2006 and Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) became minority leader in 2007, the United States Senate has seen an unprecedented level of filibustering and obstruction. McConnell has been at the helm of a scorched earth policy of blocking nearly every bill and nominee that comes before the Senate, imposing an anti-democratic super-majority requirement to advance any legislation or appointment. This has meant little to no work on a wide range of lingering problems from anemic job growth to unwarranted giveaways of tax dollars to oil companies to the highest rates of inequality since the Gilded Age. This report links the big trends and donors in McConnell’s enthusiastic fundraising career with his willingness to foment legislative dysfunction, which serves to increase his power and enrich his corporate donors while leaving American families to struggle. The eight cases of obstruction examined in this report span several important policies and highly competent judicial and administrative nominees. These cases are among the many instances where McConnell placed the interests of his big money donors ahead of Kentuckians and everyday families.
    Highlights

On the very day debate began on a bill to repeal subsidies to Big Oil, an astonishing $131,500 in campaign contributions passed from the hands of oil donors in Midland, Texas into Mitch McConnell’s re-election war chest. Three days later the bill failed by filibuster.
    Companies that lobbied against bringing jobs back to America and ending tax breaks for offshoring have given McConnell one million dollars to win his elections and look out for their interests. Big McConnell donors such as GE, Microsoft, and Exxon Mobil also have billions in untaxed profits stashed overseas.
    Despite once supporting transparency, McConnell has led the effort to block the DISCLOSE Act and keep Americans in the dark about the money flowing into elections. Wealthy individuals and companies spending millions in secret money have overwhelmingly helped elect Republicans, an essential step in McConnell’s ambition to become majority leader of the Senate.
    Sen. McConnell took the unusual step of filibustering a district court nominee, former trial lawyer Jack McConnell, who was vehemently opposed by the insurance industry and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce after Jack McConnell won a multi-billion dollar case against lead paint companies. Sen. McConnell has received $1.7 million from insurance interests, and has taken tens of thousands of dollars from one of the lead paint companies in the case and its parent company.

(Download the full report)
    http://www.campaignmoney.org/sites/d...bstruction.pdf

Q
    Remarkable.You leak a story, and then you quote the story. I mean,that's a remarkable thing to do

Uh oh. Cruz is an intelligent man. He will make a dangerous liar. I knew of his extreme positions, but not that he'd be willing to lie like this. A far smarter DeMint.
    A medium sized fish [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Soflasnapper View Post
    Uh oh. Cruz is an intelligent man. He will make a dangerous liar. I knew of his extreme positions, but not that he'd be willing to lie like this.

..A far smarter DeMint.??
    Or just someone with even less principals!

No doubt about it, another member of the American Taliban has infiltrated Govt. Just another one of those 'no compromise' idiots.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...washington-nee

I think the fiscal cliff deal was a lousy one, but moving forward with the debt ceiling and those who believe in limited spending and solving the debt…I don’t think what Washington needs is more compromise, I think what Washington needs is more common sense and more principle.
    More compromise??????????

Q

I saw Cruze on pbs newshour last nite. What a heap of shite. And last week i saw the new senator a sheila from arizona or somewhere, republikan, another heap of shite. 2013, a date that will live in infamy.
    mac.