Thread: cte system

cte system

Is there anyone interested in chatting about cte/pro1 on here?

Nah not me. But i agree with every word by patrick and dr dave in the azb forum.

On the other hand, yes. Why would a player uze an aiming system that iz more diffikult and less reliable etc etc than the basics.
    "Gee pro1 iz good, i hav been uzing it for 3 months and i am going great".
    Bullkrapp.

U would go great uzing any system for 3 months, especially if uzing zero system (ie just uzing basic aim, ie just dividing the objektball, or by just uzing feel).

But, praps in some cases, a player might hav a very peculiar reason why a very peculiar trait iz avoided or iz utilized by uzing a very silly komplikated system, eg where the player haz a peculiar problem learning and uzing basik aim. But i doubt it.
    mac.

Re cte --- me, myself, i am happy to uze any little trick to help my aim etc.
    For example i often simplyfy my aiming by making minor alterations just before shooting, alterations based on fronthandpivot and backhandpivot. And even parallel offset (i think it iz called).
    Here i might aim for edge, or 1/4ball or 1/2ball or 3/4ball or fullball, on the objektball, and then add or dedukt a bee's-dick to or from that aim/kontakt uzing pivot.
    mac.

Patrick J and Dr Dave have no experience at the table with the cre/pro1. They just know it on paper and their opinions are just speculation. The only thing difficult about it is that it is very hard to convince yourself to believe that you can pot balls by using lines. Once the system is learned it is pretty easy and simplifies the game quite a bit.

The cte/pro1 system sounds komplikated to me. Plus it duznt work. It only givs about 4 angles to the left and 4 to the right, which aint enuff angles. Or, if it givs more angles than that, then the explanation leevs lots to be dezired.

Plus what kan be simpler or eezyer than just learning say 8 basik kontakts, ie aiming pts, on eech side of the objektball. And just aiming straight and shooting straight. No system at all.

U start off by hitting exaktly halfball on the objektball, left, then right, for slow roll. And learn the angle, ie that the objektball takes, at all pocket ranges and all qball to objektball separations, into all pockets.
    Then u do that for other kontakts at 1/4ball inkrements.

Then u go throo that again but uzing skrew. Then stun. Koz the throw iz uzually different.
    Then at higher pace. Koz the throw iz uzually different.
    Then uzing outside english, then inside english. Koz the throw iz uzually different, plus the problem of squerv.

Then u shood go throo all of that but for 1/8th kontakts, 8 left, 8 right, plus fullball, making 17 kontakts in all.

I tend to just uze the 1/4ball kontakts, and fudge the inbetween angles by adding a bit of fronthandpivot or backhandpivot. Or sometimes i just swoop hoik flourish to get the extra.
    mac.

There are actually 9 alignments for left cuts and 9 alignments for right cuts.

Below is an example for cuts to the left.

1/8 inside and outside pivot (adjustment shot when balls are within a diamond of each other)
    A with an inside and outside pivot
    B with an inside pivot
    left edge to C with an inside and outside pivot (I personally only use an inside pivot on this)
    1/8 to 1/8 with an inside and outside pivot (I personally only use an inside pivot on this)

The three main alignments used 75% of the time are A inside/outside pivot and the B inside pivot for left cuts.

Every time a ball moves, you "approach the shot" alignment at a different angle. Sometimes the difference in the approach between a similar shot is only a hair off and this how you can make so many shots with one alignment.

There are actually 9 alignments for left cuts and 9 alignments for right cuts.

Below is an example for cuts to the left.

1/8 inside and outside pivot (adjustment shot when balls are within a diamond of each other)
    A with an inside and outside pivot
    B with an inside pivot
    left edge to C with an inside and outside pivot (I personally only use an inside pivot on this)
    1/8 to 1/8 with an inside and outside pivot (I personally only use an inside pivot on this)

The three main alignments used 75% of the time are A inside/outside pivot and the B inside pivot for left cuts.

Every time a ball moves, you "approach the shot" alignment at a different angle. Sometimes the difference in the approach between a similar shot is only a hair off and this how you can make so many shots with one alignment.

Haz anyone in the usofa ever simply tryd aiming thin or thick enuff to get the shot??

MAC'S ZERO AIM SYSTEM.
    Me myself i went throo a phase in about 1964 where i put max english on every shot, even straight-in shots.
    Here u uzed feel for the aim -- u dont care where the shaft iz aiming or where it iz going. Its a bit like throwing a ball i guess -- there aint no real aim at all, certainly no aiming of the cue, u aint even really aware of the cue except that u are aware of where the tip iz in relation to the ball.

U kan see (or feel really) where the qball iz going to kontakt the objektball -- koz u hav learnt, by hitting that way for hours. U know (feel really) the squerv for all ranges and all paces.

Hal's system might hav only one aim for every shot every time -- but my system haz zero aim for every shot every time. How simple iz that.
    Mac's system haz zero alignments for left kuts and zero alignments for right kuts. And zero lines of any sort. But if someone preferred to deskribe this az having an infinite number of alignments then i wouldnt argue.

INSIDE AND OUTSIDE ENGLISH.
    With mac's system u will of course hav a major decision to make for every shot, inside english, or outside english.
    U will of course chooz based on the needed shape.
    My apologys. One day i might be able to kum up with a system that requires no decisions.
    mac.
    Last edited by cushioncrawler; 01-23-2013 at 04:25 PM.