Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A very good article that defines modern statists.

A very good article that defines modern statists.

Part I will draw you into enjoying the thought provoking parts 2 & 3. Leftists should avoid reading this for they will not like what they see in the mirror.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...compliant.html
    Larry in VA...James Kopp, A real Hero and martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by llotter;4 Leftists should avoid reading this for they will not like what they see in the mirror.

[URL="http://l"
    l[/URL]
    Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely avoid reading it. Again, thanks for the warning.
    I am curious. if you think leftists shouldn't read it, why post this. The only one left is larry. Why not just PM him?
    May God bless all of you.

Statism is not reserved to the left, and the right has its own version. Perhaps not the 'limited government' right, nor any true conservative right, but the 'conservatives' we now have 'on the right.'

Look no further than the extreme state powers in the NDAA, and ask which conservatives complained about the GOP majority House, and the 40+ GOP senators, failing to stop these wholesale violations of individual rights enshrined in the Bill of Rights. They complained about OBAMA's role in this, but it passed Congress before he could sign or veto it.

Statism is at least two-headed.
    A medium sized fish [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Soflasnapper View Post
    Statism is not reserved to the left, and the right has its own version. ... BLAH BLAH BLAH ... Statism is at least two-headed.
    YES IT IS ... NO THEY DON'T ... NO IT ISN'T.

Please stop using words you don't understand.

Runaway statism can only come from the left ... you probably believe Hitler was a right winger.

The 'conservative' side of the high court so beloved of 'conservatives' is statist (when not corporatist, i.e., fascist) to the core.

The NDAA is statism run amok. Which conservatives do you know of opposed its worst provisions with regard to state power abuse against individual citizens of this country?

You don't get to deal only with the conservatism you imagine, but with the conservatism we actually have.

Who on the court do you consider "CONSERVATIVE" and what cases lead you to this conclusion?

Here's your disconnect ... their is no such thing as a small state big statist.

Words mean things.

Those who vote on the 5-4 split decisions toward the conservative side are mainly all considered conservatives, maybe with a moderate justice who may swing to one side or another at times.

So, obviously Scalia and Thomas, Alito, Roberts up until he confused the issue with his ACA decision (which btw was very conservative although no one seems to appreciate how or why), and Kennedy in that swing role on some of those 5-4 splits. At a minimum, the 4s in those votes represent what passes as non-conservative to liberal on the court.

If you want to say those are rightie radical statists rather than classic conservatives, no argument from me. That's why I used the scare quotes when I wrote 'conservative' side of the high court.

Which is my point. It's certainly common parlance, and among the right as well, to call these conservative justices. A relatively tiny number of purists on various terms do not get to make up their own meanings for words which are in common use-- rather, common use is what determines the meaning of those words.

Socializm kommunizm and kapitalizm are just words -- they dont exist -- they exist only az words.
    The problem with any system iz not necessaryly the system -- the problem iz idiots -- idiots kan spoil any system.
    How to spot an idiot -- for starters, idiots spend lots of time argueing (badly) about socializm and kommunizm and kapitalizm.

When i look at the usofa i see mind-kontrol -- everywhere -- every day -- in every way.

That ukrainian guy probly duznt understand that he iz komparing ussr diarrhea to usofa shite.
    mac.
    Last edited by cushioncrawler; 01-24-2013 at 03:17 PM.

So you can't actually cite anything.

A "STATIST RIGHT WINGER" is as common as is boiling hot ice water.

Quote Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    YES IT IS ... NO THEY DON'T ... NO IT ISN'T.

Please stop using words you don't understand.

Runaway statism can only come from the left ... you probably believe Hitler was a right winger.

LOL. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out there.

Its very simple.

Fascism is rule from the top down. Much like Communism. The lie they both say is that 'we know best what is good for you.

OTOH, Democracy dictates that the majority tells their elected Reps what that want and expect them to carry out their wishes or be voted out at the next election.

Q
    Remarkable.You leak a story, and then you quote the story. I mean,that's a remarkable thing to do