Thread: Elite Light Break Pool Cue

Elite Light Break Pool Cue

There are two schools of thought on break cues. One school says that heavier is better, which has led to cues all the way up to 27 oz, and the other says that a lighter cue is better because you can accelerate quicker and get more power. I have a Predator BK (original BK), a Predator BK2, and a McDermott Break Jump, but none of those gave me the real "shock and awe" break that I was so desperately seeking. I recently purchased an Elite Light Break cue (15 oz) from Seybert's for a mere $76 dollars. Holy Sh*t! This thing breaks better than any other dedicated break cue I have ever tried before! I have not come up dry on a break since I've been using it. I make anywhere from two to four balls on the break in eight ball, and around two to three in nine ball. This inexpensive Elite cue stomps my Predator and McDermott cues at about 1/4th the price! If you are in the market for an excellent, hard hitting break cue, this cue could be just what the doctor ordered.
    Last edited by DiabloViejo; 02-03-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

Where did there CEO go yo work at loser? -- LWW (Demonstrating his masterful command of the English language while masquerading as his wife Vladimir.)

You convinced me and I ordered one. Getting it Wednesday. Did you have any thoughts to getting a tip other than the phenolic? sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious View Post
    Did you have any thoughts to getting a tip other than the phenolic? sid
    No, I'd converted my McDermott over to a one piece phenolic tip / ferrule over two years ago, and had a phenolic tip on the McD ferrule way before that. I've gotten used to phenolic.

The tip / ferrule on the Elite is interesting because from the side it looks like carbon fiber rather than phenolic although the description on the web is that it is phenolic.

BTW,the joint is like that more commonly found on carom cues (wood screw into wood thread, with the screw being on the shaft rather than the butt). Wonder why they chose that, but I'm sure there's a reason.

But the real capper is..the price / value. This thing just does everything the expensive break cues do and it does it better for a whole lot less $$$.

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

Where did there CEO go yo work at loser? -- LWW (Demonstrating his masterful command of the English language while masquerading as his wife Vladimir.)

Impressed so far. I made the 9 the very first break and more than 1 ball more than once, 3 balls on one, of the next 6 breaks. I always play well with a brand new cue so I hope the new doesn't wear off with this one. CB control needs work. sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

Glad you like it!