Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Table Cloth

Cleaning Table Cloth

I have had my Simonas here at home for years and only vacuumed it. I notice these days that it is really slow so I need to do a better job of cleaning. Would simply taking damp towels to it be effective? I've seen them do that in pool halls alot. Thanks. sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

Stretching??
    mac.

Damp towels does a great job of cleaning the cloth, however, I have no idea if it will make the cloth faster.

Duzz anyone ever hot-iron a pool (napless) bedkloth??? But not too hot -- too hot iz too hot.
    I say napless but praps it iz more akurat to kall it a nondirektional nap, kompared to the direktional snooker nap.
    A damp towell iz good for cleaning i think, but robs pace. Might havta iron twice to get pace back.

Last sunday we took off the (100% wool) strachan gold tournament 6811 32oz bedkloth on my 12' table and replaced it with 30oz. I had trouble getting 6 lengths with the 32oz but expekt to get 6 lengths with the 30oz once i hot-iron it.

Gave the 32oz to our farrier -- she haz an 8' table with a tear -- she can uze the 32oz nap-up, or napless side up.
    Can/shood a simonas be turned upsidedown, ie when u take it off and stretch it.
    On a 12' table the nappy bedkloth iz allways taken off and restretched after a year or so -- restretching improves pace, and improovs roll.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious View Post
    I have had my Simonas here at home for years and only vacuumed it. I notice these days that it is really slow so I need to do a better job of cleaning. Would simply taking damp towels to it be effective? I've seen them do that in pool halls alot. Thanks. sid

at my poolroom we used to vaccum the table, simonis 860, every other day and wipe them with a wet rag from head to foot twice a week. the cloth looked good and played good. we put a half cap of woolight in one gallon of water to wipe--may or may not have helped.

Has anybody here ever used "Chaulk Off" spray cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by Nine ... corner View Post
    Has anybody here ever used "Chaulk Off" spray cleaner?
    I've used Chaulk Off and Quick Clean, on a bar table that sees heavy usage 7 days a week (cloth is Simonis 860). They both work OK but I switched to using Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner (Dri-Clean Plus), it works better, deodorizes the cloth and smells great, plus it costs less than $8 for a 22 oz spray can. I first brush the table in one direction from head to foot and then spray the Blue Coral so that it wafts down gently onto the cloth as a light mist (rather than spraying it onto the cloth directly). I follow that up by wiping the cloth down (again going in one direction) with a microfiber mitt. The table gets cleaned every other day. The Blue Coral works great! (BTW, I also vacuum the table once a week).
    http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Coral-DC2.../dp/B0009IR0PQ

Thanks for the quick answer and the link to Blue Coral. There isn't a concern about possibly stretching the cloth or messing with the joints by vacuuming?

I've used Chaulk Off and Quick Clean, on a bar table that sees heavy usage 7 days a week (cloth is Simonis 860). They both work OK but I switched to using Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner (Dri-Clean Plus), it works better, deodorizes the cloth and smells great, plus it costs less than $8 for a 22 oz spray can. I first brush the table in one direction from head to foot and then spray the Blue Coral so that it wafts down gently onto the cloth as a light mist (rather than spraying it onto the cloth directly). I follow that up by wiping the cloth down (again going in one direction) with a microfiber mitt. The table gets cleaned every other day. The Blue Coral works great! (BTW, I also vacuum the table once a week).

I suspekt that most pool tables are brushed towards the nearest pocket. Not good.
    I reckon that brushing padding ironing wetting kleening etc shood all be dunn in one direktion, ie the same direktion, every time. With our 12' tables we allways work with the nap, ie from baulk to top of table.
    Praps pool tables dont hav a nap, or at least a direktional nap, but in a way they do i think.
    Anyhow, if the nap iz ruffed, and iz everywhichway, and the bed needs stretching, pace will be sloooooooooow.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine ... corner View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer and the link to Blue Coral. There isn't a concern about possibly stretching the cloth or messing with the joints by vacuuming?
    Not if you use a small hand held type vacuum (preferebably without the rotating brushes). The only time it would be a problem is if you use a powerful vacuum like a big shop vac or a very powerful floor vac with a flexible hose attachment.