Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rep. Keith Ellison hammers Sean Hannity: You’re a shill for the Republican Party

Rep. Keith Ellison hammers Sean Hannity: You’re a shill for the Republican Party

Rep. Keith Ellison hammers Sean Hannity: You’re a shill for the Republican Party
    By Eric W. Dolan
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 22:44 EST

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/2...ublican-party/

Democratic Rep. Keith Ellison of Minnesota ripped into Fox News host Sean Hannity during a tense interview on Tuesday night.

Hannity began his segment by claiming President Barack Obama was to blame for looming across-the-budget cuts known as the sequester. The conservative Fox News host insisted the President was “fearmongering” about the consequences of the cuts and played an irreverent mash-up of Obama’s recent speeches.

“You’re the worst excuse for a journalist I’ve ever seen,” Ellison said after being introduced.

Hannity asked for Ellison to repeat himself, claiming he couldn’t hear him. Instead, Ellison continued to blast Hannity, saying his mash-up was deceptive “yellow journalism” and a “breach of every journalistic ethic I know of.” Ellison told Hannity he was a “shill for the Republican Party,” but Hannity repeatedly insisted he was a “registered conservative.”

“Keep going, keep ranting,” Hannity said.

Ellision said it was wrong for Hannity to blame Obama for the sequester. The across-the-board spending cuts were part of a political deal to raise the federal debt ceiling in 2011. The sequester was intended to be so painful that it would force Republicans and Democrats to compromise on a plan to reduce the federal deficit. Ellison noted a so-called “super committee” that was supposed to hash out a deal had failed and blamed the failure on Republicans’ stubborn opposition to raising taxes.

The two men continued to exchange barbs. Eventually, Hannity asked Ellison about the “immoral” debt.

“You’re immoral,” Ellison replied. “You say things that aren’t true.”

See the complete video courtesy of Fox News, and complete with Hannity's editing and apocalyptic music BS-- (Carl Orff's: Carmina Burana) at the link: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/2...ublican-party/

Performance of O Fortuna from Orff's "Carmina Burana" : http://youtu.be/AdIpoE2LEps
    Last edited by DiabloViejo; 02-27-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    There is no stupider creature on earth than a poor Republican. Such a person would stand in line to be sodomized and then thank their assailant afterward.

Hannity is not a journalist but a political commentator with his own agenda. Ellison's claim would be analogous to stating that Rachael Madcow, Mr. Ed or Chris "a thrill up my leg" Matthews are all shills for the Democratic party or the current administration. It's all true is it not?
    "I'm shootin' pool Fats ... when I miss you can shoot."

Quote Originally Posted by Nine ... corner View Post
    Ellison's claim would be analogous to stating that Rachael Madcow,

lww"s favorite expression on AZ. Uses it over and over:

But Rachel Madcow ... high priestess of the howling moonbats ... says he persecuted innocents, and that's all the McCarthy haters need to hear.

HMMM, Sherlock Hondo has deduced that nine corner and lww are one in the same.
    May God bless all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    HMMM, Sherlock Hondo has deduced that nine corner and lww are one in the same.
    Sorry to disappoint you but you are wrong ... I am not your friend lww. Apparently he is not the only one to use a slightly altered form of Rachel's name as a pejorative!

Whatever you say, larry.
    May God bless all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Whatever you say, larry.
    Hey hondu why not provide links to your new friend of you saying you pick up boys hitchhiking!
    Also he would be interested that you claim to have been a school teacher and now you are a sunday school teacher.Of course your stories of you and drugs and having affairs with your house keeper are still there.
    My local VFW Commander awaits your answer from two tears ago.
    The truth you don't believe in.You hide from the truth.The truth will set you free.
    I have all the links in case you care to review them.
    Comprehension is something you were never good at.
    Our daily prayers continue for you to calm down and tell the truth.The Lord loves you.
    Your friend,
    JohnnyD
    Hondo>03-09-11.Thread 600 "Tangled with charley"
    STOLEN VALOR ACT-
    Pretenders,Liars,Frauds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine ... corner View Post
    Hannity is not a journalist but a political commentator with his own agenda. Ellison's claim would be analogous to stating that Rachael Madcow, Mr. Ed or Chris "a thrill up my leg" Matthews are all shills for the Democratic party or the current administration. It's all true is it not?

No, it's not true.

I refer you to the reaction of the MSNBC crowd to the first presidential debate. As shills for the party or the president, they would have alibied hard for PBO's failed performance. They didn't do that. They screamed bloody murder. (As PBO said at one of the DC dinners, 'Last time I gave Chris Mattews a thrill up his leg. This time, I gave him a STROKE!'

That's the key difference for Fox and Sean. They would ALWAYS alibi for their side (cf: after the Veep debate-- nothing about Ryan failing, only how mean, disrespectful, and in their inimitable fashion, how literally insane and mentally infirm, Biden had been).

Yes, all sides mentioned are partisans. Some are just far more apologist hacks for their side than the others.
    A medium sized fish [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Soflasnapper View Post
    No, it's not true.

I refer you to the reaction of the MSNBC crowd to the first presidential debate. As shills for the party or the president, they would have alibied hard for PBO's failed performance. They didn't do that. They screamed bloody murder. (As PBO said at one of the DC dinners, 'Last time I gave Chris Mattews a thrill up his leg. This time, I gave him a STROKE!'

That's the key difference for Fox and Sean. They would ALWAYS alibi for their side (cf: after the Veep debate-- nothing about Ryan failing, only how mean, disrespectful, and in their inimitable fashion, how literally insane and mentally infirm, Biden had been).

Yes, all sides mentioned are partisans. Some are just far more apologist hacks for their side than the others.
    I respectfully disagree. You pick one instance (the 1st debate) that there just was no hiding from. His sycophants became apoplectic with his performance because they just could not believe their eyes and ears. As far as his deprecating humor ... it was just the best way to handle an embarrassing performance. But really ... how can you say the MSNBC crowd does not alibi for for him including everything from Bengazi to all the broken promises (transparency, closing Gitmo, cutting the deficit in half during his first 4 years etc, etc).

Without all of the Repiglican obstruction, Gitmo would be closed, and the economy would be booming right now.

Additionally, Rachel Maddow continuously invites Repiglicans on her program, and so do the few other Liberal hosts on MSNBC.

It would be interesting for you to explain how Republicans prevented Obama from closing Gitmo when he came into office controlling all three branches of government. It was to be his first order of business and he had the executive branch, the house and the senate under his control. Also, MSNBC has a few liberal hosts??? That's funny ... just for fun name one conservative host or regular participant. Enjoy the Kool Aid ... it's tasty.