Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Us open

Us open

anything on the US OPEN 2013 where/when
    "Have Grill Will Travel"

At this point, the question seems to be "IF" more than "where/when.

Last rumored (by Barry and Shannon) is that it might be moving to the Virginia Beach Convention Center, from the current Holiday Inn.

Thing is, like RichR alluded to, there is talk that it might not happen this year. As of now, there is no BCA ranking points assigned to the tourney. The Behrmans have not announced a date for 2013 yet.

Eric >wishful

Eric, it is not just me alluding to the possibility of not having an Open this year. Mike Panozzo alluded to it a couple of months ago in his BD editorial. Barry may have really shot himself in the foot this time.

I agree, although I must say it cannot be a lot harder than needing a pass to get out of jail to run it, as occurred a couple years back. Crossing fingers.
    A medium sized fish [...]

Sorry to be late with this, but what did Barry do to shoot himself? Was it last years location? I don't get BD anymore, and have been off here for awhile.

DG
    AKA Duane Zehring

Quote Originally Posted by dg-in-centralpa View Post
    Sorry to be late with this, but what did Barry do to shoot himself? Was it last years location? I don't get BD anymore, and have been off here for awhile.

DG
    AKA Duane Zehring
    Duane, it is common knowledge that Barry had trouble paying players again this year but, in addition to that, there is a lot of stuff going on. Some is verifiable and some is not. Some is publically known and some is not. I'm hoping there will be an Open in 2013 but it is looking shaky. Things will definitely be interesting in months to come.

I'm not on Facebook, but here is something that a friend copied:

"Hey Everyone! We hope that you all are doing great. We are in search for the PERFECT venue for the 2013 U.S. Open, as you all deserve the very best. The PERFECT venue will have ONE ballroom! ☺ Please be patient with us and we will keep you posted. We are in negotiation with a few great places and we will have an update by April 5th.
    Thank you all!
    Barry and Shannon
    Proud Promoters"

Now, the disclaimer is that might be erroneous info, so take it as a rumor.

Eric

Rumor or not, for us fans of the Open, it gives us hope.

Well, I am sure it will be different for 2013 than 2012.
    New Tournament Directors will be needed.
    The Pros will go, because it is the only action in Oct. Not all the pros, but I would guess that any tournament scheduled during the same time period, with $8,000 or more added will be more attractive than the US Open 9 Ball tournament.
    I would also suspect that the European and Asian players might think twice about entering a tournament that has this "payouts to be determined at the end of the tournament" for the last 4 years...