Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Us open

Hi Tom. I haven't seen your name on the forum for a while. How are you doing?

Doing well Rich... I retired in 2010 and have been enjoying more reading and playing pool. My game is getting better.. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Congrats on the retirement Tom and I'm happy to you are well and enjoying it.
    Although Cathy and I have had some surgeries lately, we are on the mend and doing well. I can't wait to finish rehab on my shoulder so I can start playing pool again.
    It's good to hear from you and hope you stop in here often. As you can tell, the traffic is slow on this forum and we can always use some new topics to discuss.

The tournament is set to schedule from 26 August-9 September and the advance booking will start from 23 April,9 A.M and ends on 30 April.

The US Open you mean? Really?
    A medium sized fish [...]

Quote Originally Posted by enjoydgame View Post
    The tournament is set to schedule from 26 August-9 September and the advance booking will start from 23 April,9 A.M and ends on 30 April.
    That is not what it said in the latest press release.
    http://www.azbilliards.com/2000story...storynum=10942

And....

It's official:

2013 U.S. Open Championships Goes To Marriott The 38th Annual U.S. Open Championships will be held October 14-19, 2013 at the Marriott hotel, formerly the Holiday Inn where the event was held from 1991-1995, just across the parking lot from the Chesapeake Conference Center.

This intimate 7,200 sq ft ballroom is the perfect size to have the ACCU-STATS arena and 8 additional tables with seating for 600-700 people. Nightly room rates will begin at $89.00, a bargain for this upscale hotel. Information regarding the U.S. Open code to book your stay, VIP seat information, and layout information will be coming soon.

Shannon will handle all added money to be held in escrow 90 days prior to the event along with all entry fees to assure payouts will be prompt. Barry will handle what he enjoys the most by having the proper staff to run the event and arrange the ballrooms entire layout including the seating for the greatest fans on the planet. By doing this everything gets done exactly as it should without any mishaps.

The added money will be a minimum of $50,000.00 to a maximum of $72,000.00, based on the number of players and we hope to have a full field again and add $72,000.00 for a total prize of $200,000.00.

We expect all information for you within the next 7-10 days so please be a little more patient. We appreciate all of those who have called and sent emails, your support has been truly amazing. We have always known that we have the greatest fans and players on earth, and you always continue to remind us. Thank you again.

Sincerely,
    Barry Behrman & Shannon Behrman Paschall
    By Barry Behrman, Shannon Behrman Paschall - 2013-04-10

http://azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=10963

Eric

Whatever happened to that pro eight ball league?

ESCROW THE MONEY???!?!?!

Funny, that's what the players demanded last time before climbing down from that boycott threat, AND of course, payments were delayed at the end from the lack of escrowing them in advance.

That is a great idea, which we'll have to wait to see if it's implemented and works.

I am in favor of players being paid what they earned by placing in the field, and on time as well.
    A medium sized fish [...]

They aint no real money in pro pool. Thats why slim shady travels around.