Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Us open

Quote Originally Posted by Rich R. View Post
    Phil, I'm happy you pulled the trigger on the rooms. It's not a bad price, especially for the Marriott.
    I believe you are correct about June 1 being the start date for seats but the date has been changed a few times. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it again.
    The lowest price (89 a day) requires a 5-day stay (perfect for us, as we arrive Tuesdays and stay through the event). I think there are two incrementally higher per day prices for stays of less days.

Will keep a sharp eye out for word of seats on sale, as the ones anyone would really want will be in considerably short supply-- word to the wise, and you already know about that!
    A medium sized fish [...]

Quote Originally Posted by dg-in-centralpa View Post
    We won't be able to make it this year. Hopefully next year. Neither of us can get off work that weekend.

Duane
    Nuts. WORK??!?!?!! An outrage up with which I shall not put! LOL! But sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soflasnapper View Post
    The lowest price (89 a day) requires a 5-day stay (perfect for us, as we arrive Tuesdays and stay through the event). I think there are two incrementally higher per day prices for stays of less days.

Will keep a sharp eye out for word of seats on sale, as the ones anyone would really want will be in considerably short supply-- word to the wise, and you already know about that!
    Per the most current press release, VIP tickets will go on sale in mid June. Hopefully, this is the final change.

On a side note, we are coming to Miami for a half day at the end of August. I'll pm you more info later, maybe you, RJ, and us can do dinner.

That would be great, Duane. Can't do most Wednesday nights (league night).

US Open 2013 Playoffs

The 2013 US Open National Playoffs - Men's and Women's Singles Championships will be held August 16-19 in New Haven, Conn. at Yale University, staged during the New Haven Open at Yale presented by First Niagara, an Emirates Airline US Open Series event.
    The 2013 US Open National Playoffs - Mixed Doubles Championship will be held August 21-24 in New Haven, Conn. at Yale University, staged during the New Haven Open at Yale presented by First Niagara, an Emirates Airline US Open Series event.

Looks like the US Open VIP seats presale start today, for previous seatholders and for the general public on July 1st:

Hello Everyone!
    We hope that you are all doing great and are looking forward to the 2013 U.S. Open just as much as we are! The dates are October 13-19, 2013. This years event will be held at the gorgeous Chesapeake Marriott.
    We know we have a lot to prove and we intend to do just that!
    We are excited to get underway and begin selling VIP seats and accepting entries beginning July 1st! If you bought a seat the first week in June last year, than we will be in touch within the next 24 hours, so that you have the first opportunity to purchase your same seat again.

VIP seat sales go on sale to the puble on July 1st!
    VIP Ticket prices will be as followed:
    Sunday Saturday $200
    Monday Saturday $180
    Tuesday Saturday $170
    Wednesday Saturday $160
    Thursday Saturday $150
    All VIP seating will be reserved and include chairs and tables that will surround Television table. VIP members are free to move around ballroom to view additional matches.
    General Admission is $120 for the week. General Admission does not give you a reserved seat.
    GA Ticket price per session- $10

Daily Match Times:
    Day Session: 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm
    Night Session: 7pm, 9pm, 11pm
    (As usual; Match times are based off size of field)
    (All on-line purchases are subject to a 20% cancellation fee in addition to the credit card processing fees)
    To view the floor plan, please follow this link: usopen9ballchampionships.com
    The Chesapeake Marriott is our Host Hotel and has offered to give all the U.S. Open players and fans a fantastic deal, as you all deserve the very best!
    Make sure you let them know you are with the US Open to get discounted rate!
    725 Woodlake Drive
    Chesapeake, VA 23320
    (757) 523-1500 or 888-245-2617 or 888-245-2617 reference US Open
    Book Deluxe Room 1-3 nights at Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake for $109 per night
    Book Deluxe Room for 4 nights at Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake for $99 per night
    Book Deluxe Room for 5-9 nights at Norfolk Marriott Chesapeake for $89 per night
    We cannot wait to see you all!
    Barry & Shannon!

Eric

I Got my call and reserved our tickets yesterday.

Hi Gang!

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to the Open. I was so turned off by last years experience, that's the venue and not the company, that I'm questioning whether I want to spend the money.

It's always good to see my old friends and that will probably be the thing that tips the scales.

Hope to see you all in October!
    Brian in VA
    Preparation is often mistaken for raw talent or dumb luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in VA View Post
    Hi Gang!

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to the Open. I was so turned off by last years experience, that's the venue and not the company, that I'm questioning whether I want to spend the money.

It's always good to see my old friends and that will probably be the thing that tips the scales.

Hope to see you all in October!
    Brian in VA
    I've probably gained a few pounds since last year so that should help tip the scales even more.