Thread: New to this stuff.

New to this stuff.

We finally have hi speed where I live and I'm glad o have found a good pool frum. There isnttoo much action here so every now nd thenI mosey to Nashville or Cincinnati and find a few city folk that like to play.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks.

For a pool discussion forum I don't see much pool talk.

Quote Originally Posted by WV Slim Shady View Post
    Thanks.

For a pool discussion forum I don't see much pool talk.
    ... and you won't. Go to http://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php

I joined here initially and found the same thing. If you want to engage in a pool and billiard forum AZ is the place to be!
    "I'm shootin' pool Fats ... when I miss you can shoot."

Quote Originally Posted by Nine ... corner View Post

I joined here initially and found the same thing. If you want to engage in a pool and billiard forum AZ is the place to be!
    AZBilliards definitely has more traffic than this forum. It has not always been that way. However, there is a lot of garbage to sift through on that forum. As on this forum, the non-pool related section of the forum is a cesspool. Honestly, other than pool related news, tournament information and 14-1 related topics, I don't read much on AZ but, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich R. View Post
    AZBilliards definitely has more traffic than this forum. It has not always been that way. However, there is a lot of garbage to sift through on that forum. As on this forum, the non-pool related section of the forum is a cesspool. Honestly, other than pool related news, tournament information and 14-1 related topics, I don't read much on AZ but, to each their own.
    I saw that section has a lot of action.

Blog Entries
    I keep a handful of browser shortcuts in a desktop folder for the different forums - azbilliards, poolchat, billiardsforum, insidepoolmag, pool.bz, etc.

It helps me keep up to date on what's happening.

In azbilliards - there is sooo much stuff that it is easy to miss a neat thread. And some of the more active posters keep up on several forums.
    Allan P. Sand, PBIA/ACS Instructor (and Author)
    Billiards Blogs

Quote Originally Posted by Nine ... corner View Post

So is that the az that people keeps talking about. I thought they was talking about arzona?

Quote Originally Posted by WV Slim Shady View Post
    So is that the az that people keeps talking about. I thought they was talking about arzona?
    I may be wrong but I think AZ did stand for Arizona at one time and the site was dedicated to all pool news in the Arizona area. As time went on and the site expanded to nation wide pool news, azbilliards.com came to mean "A to Z Billiards".