Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What kinda cue do you play with?

What kinda cue do you play with?

My pool hall cue is a Schmelke sneaky ... look just like a house cue. Hits a ton and a half.

My home cue is a Meucci gambler.

I have a few cues. I like buying cues, when I can, and I like switching which cues I play with. I don't restrict any of them to my home table and you never know which cue you will see me with in the poolroom.
    My cues were made by the following:
    Scruggs
    Lambros
    Capone (3)
    Tucker
    Barnhart
    Sly

HI

Hi,
    I love to play with Predator and I have one for me. I bought one Cuetec as well one month back. I feel that these two are the best for jump and break as well. The hit by these cues are very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich R. View Post
    I have a few cues. I like buying cues, when I can, and I like switching which cues I play with. I don't restrict any of them to my home table and you never know which cue you will see me with in the poolroom.
    My cues were made by the following:
    Scruggs
    Lambros
    Capone (3)
    Tucker
    Barnhart
    Sly
    WV pool rooms are few and far between, and most aren't the place you leave an expensive cue while you go take a wee.

I have an old Predator that I now use for breaking, I also have a Schon, Jacoby, and a Richard Black. I have an old Meucci for anyone who comes to the house to play. Sort of a house stick.

DG

I have a few playing cues.

Tucker (my favorite)
    Sherm Adams
    Meucci 333-2
    Viking
    McDermott
    Predator Sneaky w/ z2 shaft

I play with a Predator cue and a Jacoby cue, using a Uni-loc Z-2 shaft with both. I let players at my house use the Predator, and non-players use a McDermott I won at raffle or a plain Jane no points Adam I got as a break cue a long while ago.
    A medium sized fish [...]

I'd like to try a Predator but I don't think anyone in WV sells them.

Quote Originally Posted by WV Slim Shady View Post
    I'd like to try a Predator but I don't think anyone in WV sells them.
    If you are just interested in trying one out, you may have a problem in your area. I have to believe some one there sells Predator. You may even be able to find some one trying to sell a used one and you can ask for a test drive.
    If you really want to buy one, almost all major internet dealers sell them. To keep costs down, you should even be able to buy just a shaft to fit your current cue.

I'm not a fan of Predator but, as they say, "different strokes for different folks".

In the end, I don't think I'd like it since I've pretty much conquered the rejection of deflection.

What I'd really like s to find some good local play without driving to the bigger cities.

I've worn out my welcome in WV after playing the competition in Charleston, Wheeling, Parkersburg, Clarksburg, Morgantown.

There ain't much money in a state where the biggest employer is Walmarts.