Thread: 20+ MORE Large Limbaugh Sponsors Stop Airing Ads

20+ MORE Large Limbaugh Sponsors Stop Airing Ads

SAT MAR 23, 2013 AT 06:56 PM PDT
    20+ MORE Large Limbaugh Sponsors Stop Airing Ads. New Total: 2,667! StopRush Continues To Kick A$$

byLeslie SalzilloFollow

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...nues-To-Kick-A

(Updated) After a year, consumers are not letting up on Limbaugh --and they are growing in numbers. Facebook groups like, Boycott Rush Limbaugh To Shut Him Down, with a following of over 50,000, have been contacting his sponsors in masses. Much of the public continue to protest and petition sponsors, asking them not to advertise on, or support, Limbaugh's hateful commentary. Sponsors are still listening. According to the StopRush Database,http://stoprush/ the new count for sponsors who have pulled their ads from Limbaugh's show is 2,667. Even better news is that many of the much larger Limbaugh sponsors, like Bp, UPS Store, Exxon, Old Navy, AAMCO, 800Flowers, Hardee's, and those listed below... are no longer being heard on his show.The StopRush Project, which combines the efforts of several activist groups like FlushRush, is stronger than ever.

Limbaugh's parent company, Clear Channel has reported massive losses in the hundreds of millions, though it's doubtful they will ever attribute their losses to the the sponsor boycott. However, Media Matters reported this week, that Cumulus CEO, Lew Dickey, admits to feeling the pain. This is due to the thousands of consumers who are monitoring radio stations nationwide, reporting sponsors heard, and contacting sponsors.

Most of the exiting sponsors, (in the thousands) have communicated to StopRush members, they were pulling ads. Others like the larger companies below, 'slip out silently' so they don't bring on the wrath of the Limbaugh Dittoheads (a self-proclaimed name).

Most don't care how Limbaugh sponsors leave; They're just happy to see more companies denouncing the hate, racism, sexism and gay-bashing bigotry that spews out of Limbaugh's mouth daily. Thus, the companies below are victories for the boycott movement and the thousands of consumers who continue to prevail and prove their buying power rules, because:

It's not about the money. It's about the MONEY.

Cheers to all who continue to fight hate speech and hate radio. And many thanks to the larger organizations like, UniteWomen.org, Being Liberal and Media Matters... who have greatly supported this movement.

National Limbaugh Sponsors Not Reported In Over A Month Include:

(Courtesy of http://stoprush/ and subject to daily change)

1-800-FLOWERS

Pajamagram
    ProFlowers
    1-800-stockloss AAMCO
    UPS Store
    Staples
    Bayer Crop Science
    National Guard
    Ace Hardware
    5 Hour Energy
    US Bank
    Old Navy
    Hyundai USA
    Paul Shanklin
    Hardee's
    Credit Pros
    National Education Online
    Centrum
    Exxon/Exxon Mobil

You can help make a difference:Sign: Limbaugh Sponsor Petition:http://www.change.org/...

Thank you, Richard Myers. We are finishing this. Rest In Peace.

Hears some stuff that guy as said.

"I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

"You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray. We miss you, James. Godspeed."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

Great! We may soon be rid of this offensive idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by WV Slim Shady View Post
    Hears some stuff that guy as said.

"I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

"You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray. We miss you, James. Godspeed."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."
    1 and 3, he did say. He did not say 2, concerning James Earl Ray. As hateful as Rush can be, that is more the style of the complete bomb-thrower, mAnn Coulter. I don't think (s)he said it either, though.

UPDATE: Snopes (.com) says both 1 and 2 are unfounded by any evidence anyone can find. Actually, they also say the same of 3. However, I think I remember the 3rd one personally. Or, it might be I got it from where they say the claim came from-- the FlushRush Quarterly (I used to subscribe back in the day).
    Last edited by Soflasnapper; 03-25-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    A medium sized fish [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle in MD View Post
    Great! We may soon be rid of this offensive idiot!
    The goverment should ban some of these nuts?

Not the government, We The People, need to vote with our dollars, and boycott the shock jocks' sponsors..

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle in MD View Post
    Not the government, We The People, need to vote with our dollars, and boycott the shock jocks' sponsors..
    As long as Miller isnt a sponsor Im ok with that.

I still think they should keep them off air lie they did before Reagan.

I agree, but we have to work within the Reagan corrupted system for now, so we have to do it with our own money, and boycott their sponsors.

What we need is for Obama to step up and put these republicins in there place or in jail.