Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There are no magic bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by WV Slim Shady View Post
    I think what he means is that until you get to a certin skill level you wouldnt know the right cue and tip if someone handed it to you.
    Bingo! Thanks.

Everybody wants a shortcut nowadays but there aint nothing going to replace playing pool.

Blog Entries
    The only real shortcut to improving your game is learning from your mistakes. The worst thing you can do on a screwed up shot is to attempt to wipe the experience from your memory.

Instead, replay the shot in your head and consider which of your fundamentals was screwed up. Mentally reshoot and tell your back-brain to remember the correction.
    Allan P. Sand, PBIA/ACS Instructor (and Author)
    Billiards Blogs

Quote Originally Posted by allanpsand View Post
    The only real shortcut to improving your game is learning from your mistakes. The worst thing you can do on a screwed up shot is to attempt to wipe the experience from your memory.

Instead, replay the shot in your head and consider which of your fundamentals was screwed up. Mentally reshoot and tell your back-brain to remember the correction.
    Welcome aboard Allan! Good to have a qualified instructor here.

Actully I did have a magic bullet once. It went all the ways thru deer and into another deer.

Two fer one.

Chris Cass used to soak his tips in buttermilk first, then clamp them in a vice. I sure do miss that guy not being with us anymore. martin
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

Ive heard of using milk and buttermilk to soak tips first ut ever tried it. I think im gonna do one today.

Soaking Elk Master tips in milk and then clamping them is a fairly well know type of tip treatment. Most people refer to them as "Milk Duds" and I believe there are a number of different recipes for the process. I've never tried one myself but I am curious about the process.

I tried it with elkmasters but didnt care for it but i only tried one. Some tips are all the same and others arent all the same. Trangles all seem to be the same when new.