Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 76

Thread: Virginia Gov. Candidate Cuccinelli Defending Law That Forbids Oral Sex

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ballarat Australia
    Posts
    5,817
    Hamlet:
    There's letters seal'd, and my two schoolfellows,
    Whom I will trust as I will adders fang'd—
    They bear the mandate, they must sweep my way
    And marshal me to knavery. Let it work;
    For 'tis the sport to have the enginer
    Hoist with his own petard, an't shall go hard
    But I will delve one yard below their mines
    And blow them at the moon.


    "Hoist with his own petard" literally means "blown up with his own mine." More generally, a "petard" is a hat-shaped device which can be be charged with gunpowder. Here's how Hamlet arrives at the phrase:

    The prince—having "caught the conscience" of the murderous King Claudius [see THE PLAY'S THE THING]—is about to be packed off on a little vacation to England. He apparently hasn't been feeling too well in the head, so the king orders Hamlet's old school chums Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to keep him company. Though the two fools are relatively innocent (for spies), Hamlet knows that Claudius has some "knavery" planned and that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are the king's tools.

    Hamlet has already guessed that the letters his schoolfellows are carrying to the English court bear a "mandate" for his immediate execution. The prince intends to hoise this mine in the king's face. Claudius is the "enginer," the deviser of the explosive; and his plot is about a yard shallower than that of his nephew, who will send Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to the fate intended for himself.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Glenville, WV
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Uh, Slim, I thought you were from WV, not Ohio. lww is from Ohio.
    Hoist by thine owne petard, silly boy! LMFAO!
    What is wrong with your brain. You asked for proof of people double voting. Thats what i googled nd thats what it shows. If you want something exact for west virginia which is a small state lets try again.

    http://www.journal-news.net/page/con....html?nav=5006

    I think your just a trouble maker not even from down here. You all republicins are all alike.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    9,896
    Quote Originally Posted by WV Slim Shady View Post
    Well here in west virginia they vote as much as they like and the people that run the elections knows it. I dont think its quite legal but it happens.

    CHARLES TOWN - A Jefferson County commissioner who faces two misdemeanor counts following an alleged attempt to cast a second ballot in a November referendum says others have voted twice in numerous local elections.
    "Nine people voted twice, not just 'tried.' Their double votes were all treated as provisional ballots. ... There were no actions taken against the double-voters," Commissioner Jim Surkamp stated in a recent e-mail to The Journal.


    Wow! 9 people in Charles Town voted twice! Yeah, that's the whole state, Slim. Aren't you feeling just a little stupid right now?
    No, I don't imagine you are. You came on here with an agenda and everyone can guess what it is.

    So Hondo's a Republican who lied about being from West Virginia? You tell em, johnny d.
    May God bless all of you.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Queens & Manhattan,New York
    Posts
    2,610
    Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    CHARLES TOWN - A Jefferson County commissioner who faces two misdemeanor counts following an alleged attempt to cast a second ballot in a November referendum says others have voted twice in numerous local elections.
    "Nine people voted twice, not just 'tried.' Their double votes were all treated as provisional ballots. ... There were no actions taken against the double-voters," Commissioner Jim Surkamp stated in a recent e-mail to The Journal.


    Wow! 9 people in Charles Town voted twice! Yeah, that's the whole state, Slim. Aren't you feeling just a little stupid right now?
    No, I don't imagine you are. You came on here with an agenda and everyone can guess what it is.

    So Hondo's a Republican who lied about being from West Virginia? You tell em, johnny d.
    The truth will set you free.Do not be afraid of the truth.Seek out the truth.The truth is there for all to see.
    During services today your name was mentioned as usual for prayers.Prayer hour continues for you.You have hope Sean.
    Jesus loves you.
    Hondo>03-09-11.Thread 600 "Tangled with charley"
    STOLEN VALOR ACT-
    Pretenders,Liars,Frauds.

  5. #45
    Senior Member DiabloViejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    13,069
    Things got exciting at my church today. Seems Rev. Jenkins dropped one of the rattlers and, wouldn't ya know it..that dang snake climbed up Luther's pant leg and bit him clean in the nuts. That boy looked like he had two grapefuits under his pants on account of the venom and all. He'll be alright, although he did lose his nuts. That'll teach him to stop his sinning ways.

    Rev, Jenkins (bless his heart):



  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Glenville, WV
    Posts
    344
    We got snake handlers down here to.

    Im waiting for hondo to explain why Obama didnt win even one count down here in west virginia even though we had a demicrat governer and two demicrat senaters. If it aint because of racists and klan then what is it.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    9,896
    Quote Originally Posted by WV Slim Shady View Post
    We got snake handlers down here to.

    Im waiting for hondo to explain why Obama didnt win even one count down here in west virginia even though we had a demicrat governer and two demicrat senaters. If it aint because of racists and klan then what is it.
    Where is your snake handler church in Gilmer County? I think it's time to ignore you, johnny/slim.
    May God bless all of you.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Sev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    State of Franklin.
    Posts
    9,608
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    Enough of this B.S., either stick to the topic or get the fack out of this thread!
    I guess your finding it tough to swallow huh?



    There isn't anything wrong with America that liberal ideology, properly applied by government experts, can't make worse.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    9,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    I guess your finding it tough to swallow huh?
    I ignore johnny/larry but I can't understand why johnny hasn't been barred.
    Obviously he has clout on AZ which mods this forum sometimes.
    May God bless all of you.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Glenville, WV
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Where is your snake handler church in Gilmer County? I think it's time to ignore you, johnny/slim.
    They was a snake handler minister that was snake bit and died from it not long ago over in Jolo. If i remember right his daddy died from it to. For someone from down here you dont seem to know much about down here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •