Thread: Espn

Espn

What happened to all their pool shows.

It is fairly common knowledge that the WPBA paid most, if not all, of the production costs for televising the final rounds of their tournaments. With the reduction in WPBA tournaments, their just aren't that many tournaments to televise. In fact, the last WPBA tournament was only televised on ESPN3, ESPN's internet stream, and, to my knowledge, it was never shown on regular TV.
    Of course, we all know that the men don't have any organization to get get their tournaments televised. There is the privately produced Tournament of Champions, for men, women and trickshots, but they only run once each year.
    I could recommend that you email ESPN and request more pool on their network, and I have done this myself, but I don't know if it will help. It certainly can't hurt.

I didnt know that. Thanks. Lets talk more pool. I tried that non pool related and they are nuts every one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WV Slim Shady View Post
    I didnt know that. Thanks. Lets talk more pool. I tried that non pool related and they are nuts every one of them.
    I haven't entered the non-pool side of the forum for a few years. It just isn't worth it to me.

Has anyone else wondered just why it is, that alone amongst the other forums on this site, only the Cue Chalk Board defaults to ascending order?

I contacted the Admin and the Webmaster (for all I know they may be one and the same) TWICE. When I received no answer, I contacted Mike Panozzo (TWICE), and have never received an answer, or even an acknowledgement of receipt of same.

Apparently no one gives a good rat's rump about these forums, beginning with BD itself.

So tell me, who's minding the hen-house? Why it's the AZB fox, of course! Yeah, because there is no possible conflict of interests there, right?

Here is the exact text of my e-mail to Mike Panozzo:

Dear Mr. Panozzo,

I have been a loyal subscriber to Billiards Digest for over twelve years.

I have attempted to contact the webmaster / cc board admin, on two separate occasions regarding a matter of concern to me, and which I believe should also be of concern to you. I have not received any reply and the admin has not even visited the site in over two weeks.

FWIW, the cue and chalk board was once a thriving active community with all sorts of good discussions, playing tips, and much more, now it’s practically dead.

Perhaps it’s not a good idea to allow a competitor to run your forums for you?

If the forum participation could be restored to active healthy levels it would open the door to ways for BD to make money by means like automatic Google ads or the like (as AZ Billiards already does). I would even be willing to pay a reasonable fee for a BD club membership (as AZ already does with their AZ Club). Why let AZ have all the fun? And why allow them to eat your lunch?

Here is the complete text of my PM to the admin:

“Why does the main forum default to ascending order? Ascending order makes it look like everything on the main forum is old, and this discourages people from participating / posting.

All the other BD board forums default to descending order, so it's strange that either by error, or design, the main board...which is for actual pool / billiards discussion on a pool billiards website... discourages participation. Can you rectify this?

BTW, this is the second time I have attempted to contact you regarding this matter, but to date I have not received a response. Is there actually anyone actively running things? Or has BD given up on its forums and is therefore content to let it die a slow death?

BTW, I have forwarded this message via e-mail to Mike Panozzo and Nicholas Leider.”

Last edited by DiabloViejo; 04-07-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

Where did there CEO go yo work at loser? -- LWW (Demonstrating his masterful command of the English language while masquerading as his wife Vladimir.)

Diablo, you have hit the nail on the head when you mentioned a competitor acting as the webmaster for this site. I have felt the same for many years. At one time, this was the most popular pool forum on the web, or pretty close to it. It is now a shadow of its previous self. You are also correct about the magazine administrators not really caring about the forums. It seems they really don't want to have anything to do with it. For a long time now, there have been a handful of us keeping it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    Has anyone else wondered just why it is, that alone amongst the other forums on this site, only the Cue Chalk Board defaults to ascending order?

I contacted the Admin and the Webmaster (for all I know they may be one and the same) TWICE. When I received no answer, I contacted Mike Panozzo (TWICE), and have never received an answer, or even an acknowledgement of receipt of same.

Apparently no one gives a good rat's rump about these forums, beginning with BD itself.

So tell me, who's minding the hen-house? Why it's the AZB fox, of course! Yeah, because there is no possible conflict of interests there, right?

Here is the exact text of my e-mail to Mike Panozzo:

Dear Mr. Panozzo,

I have been a loyal subscriber to Billiards Digest for over twelve years.

I have attempted to contact the webmaster / cc board admin, on two separate occasions regarding a matter of concern to me, and which I believe should also be of concern to you. I have not received any reply and the admin has not even visited the site in over two weeks.

FWIW, the cue and chalk board was once a thriving active community with all sorts of good discussions, playing tips, and much more, now it’s practically dead.

Perhaps it’s not a good idea to allow a competitor to run your forums for you?

If the forum participation could be restored to active healthy levels it would open the door to ways for BD to make money by means like automatic Google ads or the like (as AZ Billiards already does). I would even be willing to pay a reasonable fee for a BD club membership (as AZ already does with their AZ Club). Why let AZ have all the fun? And why allow them to eat your lunch?

Here is the complete text of my PM to the admin:

“Why does the main forum default to ascending order? Ascending order makes it look like everything on the main forum is old, and this discourages people from participating / posting.

All the other BD board forums default to descending order, so it's strange that either by error, or design, the main board...which is for actual pool / billiards discussion on a pool billiards website... discourages participation. Can you rectify this?

BTW, this is the second time I have attempted to contact you regarding this matter, but to date I have not received a response. Is there actually anyone actively running things? Or has BD given up on its forums and is therefore content to let it die a slow death?

BTW, I have forwarded this message via e-mail to Mike Panozzo and Nicholas Leider.”

There is an option at bottom of page to change order in which it is viewed.
    May God bless all of you.

Yes, but that does not change the default setting permanently, and every other board here defaults to descending order. I am sure that the cue / chalk board setting could likewise be changed to a default descending order.
    If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

Where did there CEO go yo work at loser? -- LWW (Demonstrating his masterful command of the English language while masquerading as his wife Vladimir.)