Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here play pool.

Does anyone here play pool.

It seems the only post are in the non pool section.. Im gonna try to stay outta there. Some the weerdest people i ever met hang out there.

Although I'm currently recovering from shoulder surgery, I normally play on a regular basis. I also know a few other people here that play regularly but I'll let them chime in for themselves.
    Also, I attend regional tournaments in my area regularly, mostly as a spectator, and there is a group of us who meet at the U.S. Open every year.

I play on the barbox about 20 hours a week. I also play in the APA at a pool hall (in house division) on 9 footers. And I place in the top three places on a regular basis in the local weekly 9 ball tournament (barboxes). When I'm not playing I'm practicing at the pool hall, or teaching beginners. My favorite games are straight pool (14.1), 8 ball, and 9 Ball.

In addition, I have been a subscriber to Billiards Digest, and Pool and Billiards magazines for over 12 years and have every issue saved for reference. I have over 60 books about pool, billiards, and snooker, and over 40 DVD's and VHS tapes, plus practically every training aid made to date. I have gotten lessons from three different BCA recognized instructors (including Scott Lee).

I own a number of cues including two custom cues (Tucker and a Sherm Adams), a Predator sneaky with z2 shaft, a Viking, two Meucci cues, a McDermott break/jump, a Lucasi jump cue, a 15 oz Elite break cue, a Predator BK break cue. I have two Sterling Wave cases, a late 90's Instroke leather case, and two Porper cases.

When I sleep, I often have pool related dreams. If I haven't played for a few days I start jonesing for a game.

So yeah, I play a little pool once in a while.
    There is no stupider creature on earth than a poor Republican. Such a person would stand in line to be sodomized and then thank their assailant afterward.

Diablo, I got a late start but I've still been playing for 48 years. i used to go to the Derby City Classic and have met several of the AZ pool players.
    I've slowed down in recent years but still love a good one pocket game. I have some nice customs also; Paul Mottey, Tim Scruggs, and several others.
    I have slim on ignore but would be happy to play him some at the Midtown Lounge in Clarksburg, about an hour from where he claims to live.
    If I can't hang with him I have a friend called Geronimo who would play him.
    The fact that he says he's from Gilmer County and has never heard of Grubb or Dave Fox makes me doubt that he's for real.
    I believe he is actually our friend larry/johnny and is just googling for pool rooms in our area. West Virginia? Secaucus? HMMM!
    Last edited by hondo; 04-17-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    May God bless all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Diablo, I got a late start but I've still been playing for 48 years. i used to go to the Derby City Classic and have met several of the AZ pool players.
    I've slowed down in recent years but still love a good one pocket game. I have some nice customs also; Paul Mottey, Tim Scruggs, and several others.
    I have slim on ignore but would be happy to play him some at the Midtown Lounge in Clarksburg, about an hour from where he claims to live.
    The fact that he says he's from Gilmer County and has never heard of Grubb or Dave Fox makes me doubt that he's for real.
    I believe he is actually our friend larry/johnny and is just googling for pool rooms in our area. West Virginia? Secaucus? HMMM!
    Thomas County PTA!
    Coolie says hi.HMMMMM
    Hondo>03-09-11.Thread 600 "Tangled with charley"
    STOLEN VALOR ACT-
    Pretenders,Liars,Frauds.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Yesterday I put all of the trolls including WV Slim on ignore, so far it's Sev, JohnnyD, WV Slim, and Punter, on the list. No sense in feeding those dirtbag trolls, they get off on starting sh*t and I'm not going to give them the pleasure of paying any attention to their vile spewings.
    There is no stupider creature on earth than a poor Republican. Such a person would stand in line to be sodomized and then thank their assailant afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    Yesterday I put all of the trolls including WV Slim on ignore, so far it's Sev, JohnnyD, WV Slim, and Punter, on the list. No sense in feeding those dirtbag trolls, they get off on starting sh*t and I'm not going to give them the pleasure of paying any attention to their vile spewings.
    Thank you for putting slim and johnny on ignore. I apologize to the regulars on CCB that those creeps followed me over here.
    Just ignore them. They are the same guy, calls himself lww. They will add nothing of value. Again, I apologize for their posts on here.
    May God bless all of you.

We are trying to talk pool here. You guys have your own little section to gossip like grannies.

Quote Originally Posted by WV Slim Shady View Post
    We are trying to talk pool here. You guys have your own little section to gossip like grannies.
    Now you see how ignorant now you see the trolls in action.Now the two talk to each other.Hondo must tell the devil his stories about him cheating on his wife.The devil loves that stuff.
    Mr.Slim keep up the good work Pastor says we may invite you to prayer hour soon.More people getting involve every week.
    Jesus loves you.
    Hondo>03-09-11.Thread 600 "Tangled with charley"
    STOLEN VALOR ACT-
    Pretenders,Liars,Frauds.

Slim doesnt get up to new york much. Too many big city fakes that try to act like southeners.