Thread: To Attack President Obama Republicans Forget 9/11, Claim Bush Kept America Safe

To Attack President Obama Republicans Forget 9/11, Claim Bush Kept America Safe

To Attack President Obama Republicans Forget 9/11, Claim Bush Kept America Safe (IMAGES)

2013/04/17
    By Jeromie Williams

“President Bush’s finest accomplishment was to protect us from the jihadist terrorists for 8 years. Obama’s streak has seems (sic) to have ended” – @libertysarmy

No, you’re not reading that wrong, that really is what one American is clutching to while trying to make sense of the bombings at the Boston Marathon. In an increasingly embarrassing attempt to yet again raise the “blame Obama for everything” flag into a patriotic wind, right wingers are willing to completely gloss over the fact that 9/11 happened while Bush was in the White House.

History be damned, they’ve got a president they need to try and stick it to whether their facts are straight or not. ‘Murica! Yeah!

Although it would be nice to think that the tweet in question was a careless one-off from a disgruntled Republican, the regrettable truth is that there are more just like it and they’re not as pretty or polite as the first one. A collection of tweets from Bush do-gooders on the Public Shaming Tumblr
    illustrates just what kind of lengths conservatives or willing to go to in order to prove a point – even if it means completely suspending American history.

Suspending reality to try and score political points comes across as a bit desperate and dense, but when you start adding in the race card and anything else connected to Asia or the Middle East you get quite a more colorful display of the very ugly ideas that the Republicans, conservatives and the right wing use as building blocks for their political agenda.

The only question left to ask after seeing all this is “Are you really surprised at this point?”
    Hint: The answer is no.

Last edited by DiabloViejo; 04-19-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Last edited by DiabloViejo; 04-18-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Bump back to the top.

George Bush was an absolute lame brain. Had he even tried to do his job when the Clinton admin warned him about the intell...911 would have never happened. We had a stupid man in charge with Bush. A pure idiot in all ways. He should still be tried for his crimes! sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

Bush was behind 911 and hes behind this stuff in boston. I here theres oil in chechenya and bush i going to try and trick obama into invading chechenya.

The end of that Einstein quote "chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."-- Albert Einstein

is a great description of Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle in MD View Post
    The end of that Einstein quote "chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."-- Albert Einstein

is a great description of Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.
    Yes it is! There's a whole Warren/Sanders 2016 movement.

I love Bernie, he's the genuine article.

Liz is a lot like Bernie and she's as tenacious as a bulldog.

Good to have ya back!

The usual suspects were saying that I had driven you away!

Hope you're feeling well

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    Yes it is! There's a whole Warren/Sanders 2016 movement.

I love Bernie, he's the genuine article.

Liz is a lot like Bernie and she's as tenacious as a bulldog.

Good to have ya back!

The usual suspects were saying that I had driven you away!

Hope you're feeling well
    Thank you friend. I've been checking in now and then all along. I've been doing a lot of work on working to defeat the Republicans, and to get people in office that will work to get the stricter gun legislation passed. I've met a lot of great people, and THEY DESERVE A VOTE! WE ALL DESERVE A VOTE!

So they said you drove me away, LOL. Typical, huh? Conspiracy theorists really live to drum up BS, don't they?

I'm fine, and hope that you are fine as well, friend! Think of you often.

Love,
    Gayle