Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: The DisgustingRepubs & NRA, VS OUR RIGHTS!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,866

    The DisgustingRepubs & NRA, VS OUR RIGHTS!!!

    ""Our children have a right to grow up in a caring and decent society that protects their right to live and learn in safety. That right must take precedence over anyone’s right to own assault weapons or high capacity magazines that have nothing to do with self defense or hunting and have no place in the hands of non-military and non-law enforcement personnel. Without these weapons of war applied to our children, how many would be alive today? How many Newtown or Aurora or Columbine victims would have survived? Since 1963, 166,562 children and teens died from guns on American soil, while 52,280 U.S. soldiers were killed in action in the Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq wars combined."

    Marion Wright Edelman

    Nobody could have said it better!

  2. #2
    Senior Member DiabloViejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    12,461
    Excellent quote. One small quibble, the total number of military deaths is closer to 65,000.


  3. #3
    Senior Member Sev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    State of Franklin.
    Posts
    9,608
    Hmmmmmm.

    So an entire society is to give up their liberty and freedoms for the actions of a few.
    And you really want to trust law enforcement with such weapons over the general population?
    Especially when it appears that the law enforcement is becoming more militarized every day?
    I think not.

    Perhaps we would be better off enforcing the approx 30,000 existing laws on the books and raising the nations children in a disciplined manner with a strong set set of values.

    By the way just under 400,000 children were murdered in their mothers wombs and outside of the womb last year in America because they were considered an inconvenience. . I guess that doesn't count.
    It would seem the most murderous individuals in America are woman. Who pull the trigger on killing their own children on a regular basis.



    There isn't anything wrong with America that liberal ideology, properly applied by government experts, can't make worse.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ballarat Australia
    Posts
    5,796
    What the The Holey Bible says about Children

    Children who refuse to obey their parents must be executed.

    If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear. -- Deuteronomy 21:18-21

    He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death. -- Exodus 21:15

    He that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death. -- Exodus 21:17

    Children who mock their parents will have their eyes plucked out by ravens and eaten by eagles.

    The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it. -- Proverbs 30:17

    Like Abraham, parents should be willing to kill their children for God.

    And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and ... offer him there for a burnt offering.... And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. -- Genesis 22:2,10

    God killed all the firstborn children in an entire country.

    The LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon.... And there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead. -- Exodus 12:29-30

    Sometimes God kills children for misbehaving.

    And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them. -- 2 Kings 2:23-24

    Someday God will force parents eat their own children.

    And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat. -- Leviticus 26:29

    And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters. -- Deuteronomy 28:53

    And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend. -- Jeremiah 19:9

    And then there's this statement, which could only be found in the Bible:

    Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. -- Psalm 137:9

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ballarat Australia
    Posts
    5,796
    What the The Holey Bible says about Pregnancy

    Hosea 9:14
    Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.

    Hosea 9:16
    Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.

    Hosea 13:16
    Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    Hmmmmmm.

    So an entire society is to give up their liberty and freedoms for the actions of a few.
    And you really want to trust law enforcement with such weapons over the general population?
    Especially when it appears that the law enforcement is becoming more militarized every day?
    I think not.

    Perhaps we would be better off enforcing the approx 30,000 existing laws on the books and raising the nations children in a disciplined manner with a strong set set of values.

    By the way just under 400,000 children were murdered in their mothers wombs and outside of the womb last year in America because they were considered an inconvenience. . I guess that doesn't count.
    It would seem the most murderous individuals in America are woman. Who pull the trigger on killing their own children on a regular basis.
    Your kind of offensive, misogyunistic statements are precisely the reason why the vast majority of Americans are against Republicans and their misogynistic War On Women.

    Neither you, nor anyone else has the right to force women to do anythinig with their own bodies which they do not wish to do.

    It is against the law to kill "children" for your information. Additionally, abortion rights are Stare Decisis, settled law, and no one cares what any MAN think about abortion. When you can have an abortion, you can have an opinion that might count to anyone. It doesn't and It won't.

    Additionally, as we have seen many, many times, it is always the radical religious among us, who prosecute mass murders, and are so mentally and emotionally disturbed that they believe these ridiculous conspriacy theorists, and think that our Government is out to "Get them" and they must accumulate Weapons of Mass Destruction, to assuage their emotionally unstable fears and absurd conspiracy theories. No one pays any attention anymore. Republicans and the NRA are being condemned by people from all political persuasions, and that will continue.

    Eighty to ninely percent of Americans wanted universal background checks, and more regulations as well, in order that we may live in a safer society, one which the NRA and their real supporters, the gun lobby, have not been able to bribe representatives to create a dangerous country filled up with WMD's, FYI, both Red and Blue states by majority, want that legislation passed.

    Now, we MOTHERS are going to see to it that those who voted against it, pay the price. NOTHING will stop us. NOTHING will make us forget. Nothing will prevent us from getting what we want, because the Constitution states a 'Well regulated militia" which in today's world, means the National Guard, not a bunch low rent, uneducated of bubbas who think they have a right to terrorize the whole country, and ignore the rule of law.
    Last edited by Gayle in MD; 04-23-2013 at 01:13 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Glenville, WV
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayle in MD View Post
    Your kind of statements are precisely the reason why the vast majority of Americans are against Republicans and their misogynistic Wr On Women.

    It is against the law to kill "children" for your information.

    Additionally, as we have seen many, many times, it is always the radical religious among us, who prosecute mass murders, and are so mentally and emotionally disturbed that they believe these ridiculous conspriacy theorists, who think that our Government is out to "Get them" and they must accumulate Weapons of Mass Destruction, to assuage their emotionally unstable fears and absurd theories.

    Eight to ninely percent of Americans wanted universal background checks, and more, in order that we can live in a afer society, that the NRA hasn't filled up with WMD's, FYI, both Red and BLue states by majority, want that legislation passed.

    Now, we MOTHERS are going to see to it that those who voted against it, pay the price. NOTHING will stop us. NOTHING will make us forget.
    Gayle you nailed it. These te party nuts want everyone carrying guns wherever they go.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,866
    Quote Originally Posted by WV Slim Shady View Post
    Gayle you nailed it. These te party nuts want everyone carrying guns wherever they go.
    That's a fact, sir, and it won't fly. We have a very committed huge majority of people who are determined to vote those who obstructed this bill, out of office. We are meeting regularly annd weekly, and this gun happy radical bunch of emotionally disturbed individuals are going to lose this bettle, eventually.

    Republicans have offended enough people as it is. Their demonization of so mayy groups of Americans, and their admitted efforts to throw elections by disenfranchising voters of color, is going to cost them plenty in the coming elections.

    Republicans have lost the majority vote in five of the last six elections, and that trend is growing, not subsiding, annd the next election, they will take a thumping for thumbing their noses at the vast majority of Americans, on many issues, and vlocking gun legislation, and their War On Women, and voter obstruction, will bite them the hardest.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,866
    Quote Originally Posted by cushioncrawler View Post
    What the The Holey Bible says about Pregnancy

    Hosea 9:14
    Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.

    Hosea 9:16
    Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.

    Hosea 13:16
    Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

    You represent for us with your quotes how organized religion has nothing at all to do with our laws, and was never intended to have anything to do with Constitutiona matters, legal, lawful matters, given that our Founders came here to escape religious oppression, and doctrine, and intended to keep it separated from Government, above all, perfectly and completely.


    Richard Feynman (1918-1988)
    "God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."

    --American physicist, awarded Nobel Prize in 1965

    Sam Harris (1967-)
    "Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious."

    --American neuroscientist

    Victor J. Stenger (1935-)
    "With pantheism...the deity is associated with the order of nature or the universe itself...when modern scientists such as Einstein and Stephen Hawking mention 'God' in their writing, this is what they seem to mean: that God is Nature."

    --American physicist

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Glenville, WV
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayle in MD View Post
    That's a fact, sir, and it won't fly. We have a very committed huge majority of people who are determined to vote those who obstructed this bill, out of office. We are meeting regularly annd weekly, and this gun happy radical bunch of emotionally disturbed individuals are going to lose this bettle, eventually.

    Republicans have offended enough people as it is. Their demonization of so mayy groups of Americans, and their admitted efforts to throw elections by disenfranchising voters of color, is going to cost them plenty in the coming elections.

    Republicans have lost the majority vote in five of the last six elections, and that trend is growing, not subsiding, annd the next election, they will take a thumping for thumbing their noses at the vast majority of Americans, on many issues, and vlocking gun legislation, and their War On Women, and voter obstruction, will bite them the hardest.
    Well i think these republicins and tea partyers should have there guns took away or sure. All i keep is a little boot pistol for self defense cause slim carries some cash some times. I dont trust these crooked banks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •