Bwahaha! I love it when they eat their own!

Benghazi Truthers Don’t Hear What They Want, Throw Trey Gowdy Under The Bus

T. Steelman
Addicting Info
01/23/2015
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/01...under-the-bus/

There is a definition of insanity as “doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.” By that definition, the Benghazi Bunch is insane. The Benghazi conspiracy theorists, led by people like Adm. James Lyons and Wayne Simmons, know what they want to hear. And they haven’t heard it yet.

Trey Gowdy, the Representative from South Carolina, was supposed to bring the Benghazi Bunch what they longed to hear: that President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton cooked the raid up in a cauldron, cackling gleefully and thrilled that 4 Americans would die. That’s not what Gowdy’s Select Committee — what feels like the hundredth one — is doing. Now the Benghazi conspiracy nuts are up in arms.

Over at WorldNetDaily, the Benghazi bunch has gone on the attack. The website of choice for CTers, WND gave the insane (by definition) Citizens Committee on Benghazi a platform, and the crazy ensued.

First of all, the CCB is mad — really, most sincerely mad — at Trey Gowdy. After all the support they gave him, all the props, all the talk of how he was their white knight and will finally get to the truth… Yeah. Well. Now, he is part of the continuing cover-up. Adm. Lyons is most unhappy with Gowdy’s investigation:

“Retired U.S Navy Adm. James ‘Ace’ Lyons, a founding member of the citizens’ commission – which WND reported has been conducting its own investigation for the past year and a half to ensure Congress uncovers the truth – said the ‘idea that government agency stonewalling continuing now for over two years is the reason Gowdy’s committee can’t make progress is pure nonsense. Let’s say it clearly. This is a continued cover-up. You have to take the wraps off and you have to go for the jugular. Is Gowdy so incapable and ineffective that he can’t boss these agency heads to comply with Congress’ mandate? Is he that ineffective?’”

Well gosh, Admiral. Maybe he can’t get them to “comply” because they already have. Just because they didn’t provide the “information” that you want to see doesn’t mean that they are stonewalling or uncooperative.

Another of the Benghazi Bunch, Roger Aronoff, complained that Gowdy wasn’t using his subpoena powers:

“Gowdy has subpoena powers. So, why doesn’t Gowdy subpoena Hillary Clinton and Susan Rice to testify before the select committee in person? I guess it’s a positive sign that we learn Gowdy and the select committee staff have been meeting with State Department recently, but if nothing comes of it, then it’s obviously for naught. Gowdy needs to be aggressive and the select committee needs to get this job done.”

Apparently, if there isn’t a dog and pony show, the CCB doesn’t think anything is happening. But Trey Gowdy just met with State Department and the Department of Justice this month. Gowdy said, of the State Dept. meeting:

“The Select Committee met in closed session to discuss the facts surrounding the attacks on our Mission Facility and Annex in Benghazi,” said Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C. “The Department of State provided new information to the committee and answered questions raised by committee members. The committee is continuing its probe into all aspects of Benghazi and is currently focused on ensuring access to all first-hand accounts from those on the ground that night. This process will be ongoing and in some respects must remain classified.”

Sounds to me like Gowdy knows what he is doing. His investigation, he noted will, “… have to be done in classified settings or through investigative techniques that do not lend themselves to public hearings.” He does plan on holding public hearings at some point. Which, if you ask me, is yet another colossal waste of time and money. My money and yours. And I’m pretty sick of my tax money being spent on something that has been investigated to my own, and many others’, satisfaction.

Here’s a good debunking of the major lies that the right has told — and continues to tell — about the Benghazi attack. Though I doubt any Benghazi truthers will bother. Because facts do not matter to them. They hate Pres. Obama and Hillary Clinton and want to believe in the image of them dancing around that cauldron. Nevermind that the families of the men who died that night have asked that the circus stop. No, the conspiracy must be true because they want desperately for it to be. That’s all the “proof” they need.