Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The FBI Lame Excuses

The FBI Lame Excuses

I think it is pathetic that the FBI says they couldn't pursue the bomber after Russia told us about him because they couldn't find he broke any laws. Think about it. This guy went to bomb making sites and studied how to make bombs. Would any of us go there to even browse around? Hell no, we'd all expect to get on an FBI or Homeland Security list immediately. Here is this guy, already flagged and on a list, and he still freely surfed frequently in how to make bombs without any notice. The Feds can catch someone's niece downloading an MP3 and charge her, but here they don't catch what a terrorist did? Heads need to roll. sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

Unless there is some sort of proof that a federal law has already been broken, the Feds cannot just arbitrarily investigate people over what internet sites they have visited, when they are here legally, as far as I know.

He was here legally, on a green card. Had no record of any Federal offence The Feds had investigated him for months, and couldn't find a legal cause to go any further, as far as I can tell.

"The Feds can catch someone's niece downloading an MP3 and charge her, but here they don't catch what a terrorist did?

I never heard anything about this case????? Had there been a Federal Law broken which gave them leeway to investigate further????

Any information will be appreciated. Also, If I am wrong about the law, don't hesitate to explain to me what I'm missing.

Thanks, hope all is well, Martin.

I'm more likely to blame Russia, because they didn't give us all of the information they should have given us when we were asking them for it.

Also, I think that the Mosque should have alerted authorities when they saw signs of radicalization.

Dont worry about the mosque -- they are indoktrinating little terrorists at the rear az we speak.
    mac.

Then why is it that some of us shudder in our boots about even visiting gun sites at all, perfectly legal, and yet the simple nieces get busted for a MP3 download? This guy was on a list of some government agency and he frequented terrorists site, including how to make bombs. You surely aint this naive Gayle. Sorry that I missed getting my message across the first time. I still think that it sucks that the agencies wouldn't have further red flagged and hounded this guy. I think I'll go explore bomb making sites...you gonna bail me out? martin

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle in MD View Post
    Unless there is some sort of proof that a federal law has already been broken, the Feds cannot just arbitrarily investigate people over what internet sites they have visited, when they are here legally, as far as I know.

He was here legally, on a green card. Had no record of any Federal offence The Feds had investigated him for months, and couldn't find a legal cause to go any further, as far as I can tell.

"The Feds can catch someone's niece downloading an MP3 and charge her, but here they don't catch what a terrorist did?

I never heard anything about this case????? Had there been a Federal Law broken which gave them leeway to investigate further????

Any information will be appreciated. Also, If I am wrong about the law, don't hesitate to explain to me what I'm missing.

Thanks, hope all is well, Martin.

I'm more likely to blame Russia, because they didn't give us all of the information they should have given us when we were asking them for it.

Also, I think that the Mosque should have alerted authorities when they saw signs of radicalization.

I don't think that is a fair assumption, Max.

All Islamists are not radicals, by far.

Islam as a religion, is no more blood thirsty or irrational and radical than any religion which subscribes to Christian beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious View Post
    Then why is it that some of us shudder in our boots about even visiting gun sites at all, perfectly legal, and yet the simple nieces get busted for a MP3 download? This guy was on a list of some government agency and he frequented terrorists site, including how to make bombs. You surely aint this naive Gayle. Sorry that I missed getting my message across the first time. I still think that it sucks that the agencies wouldn't have further red flagged and hounded this guy. I think I'll go explore bomb making sites...you gonna bail me out? martin
    I'm trying to understand you. What is this story(?)"yet the simple nieces get busted for a MP3 download? " about? I have not heard anything abou it anywhere on line, or on the news, so Idon't know what you're talking about.

Also, as I said, there are limits to what Federal agsents can legally do. He was on a no fly list, and slipped through because of a simple typo, I believe, from the DMV.

I am just saying that I think the FBI has done a great job in Boston, and they have saved many lives by getting these guys so quickly, thanks to the contributions of a our civilains who were instumental in getting these two killers.

I don't think it's possible for our security people to be right on top of every single potential terrorist in the world, or in this country, every minute of the day.

This guy appears to have been failrly recently self-radicalized. He was closely investigated, for six months, I believe I read. I haven't read anything myself, which indicates that there was anything further the FBI could have done, under the rule of law. I believe they have to have some pretty solid proof of an intention to attack, in order to spy further on someone who is here legally, and he was.

If I am wrong about the Federal Law regarding spying on people while they are using the internet, then let me know.

This example I gave is old news but real. here's a C&P about a similar incident, but it isn't for anything except to exhibit that the feds worry more about kids and downloads than they do possible terrorists. If they did focus on real threats, then Boston would not have happened. I can easily find way more examples of these idiotic examples, but the niece story was a couple years back. That's a drop in the bucket compared to the feds making excuses for quitting the investigation on this Russian connection, REDUCULIOUS!

You just gotta try and understand the basic jest of the insanity here, especially when it comes to terrorism suspects. martin

"42-year-old single mother Tanya Anderson was informed by the RIAA in 2004 that she could either settle out of court or face legal action for her early morning piracy antics. She learned that she had apparently been downloading the rap song “Shake that Ass, Bitch” at 4:24 in the morning under the username “gotenkito.” This was news to her, and she promptly counter-sued the RIAA under state Racketeering laws. At the time, she worked for the Department of Justice, but was forced to leave for health reasons shortly after her legal woes began. She was severely disabled, and with the loss of her job added to the already soaring legal fees she was in for hard times. To put a nice cap on it all, the RIAA not only called her 10-year-old daughter’s school impersonating the girl’s grandmother in an attempt to get information from her, but they also threatened to “interrogate and confront her little girl at the offices of the RIAA lawyers” if Ms. Anderson did not drop her counter-claim, which she disclosed in her deposition against them."

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle in MD View Post
    I don't think that is a fair assumption, Max.

All Islamists are not radicals, by far.

Islam as a religion, is no more blood thirsty or irrational and radical than any religion which subscribes to Christian beliefs.
    Yes, those Quakers are such a violent sect...

I think it is pathetic that the FBI says they couldn't pursue the bomber after Russia told us about him because they couldn't find he broke any laws.

You have to look a bit more into this, as it appears you're accepting the story as it's been told so far. And it's probably wrong.

Our government has been using Chechnyan rebels (the brothers' ethnic background) as part of our anti-Russia efforts. The older brother was sent over there for a US-sponsored seminar or something, which was when he was flagged by the Russians to our government (which they've since denied doing btw). Their whole extended family is spooked up, including the uncle who'd been employed by USAID, well known as a CIA cover organization.

He was wearing the same tan BDUs, desert tan combat boots and dark jacket (and carrying the same BACKPACK) as did others who were clearly working the event for law enforcement, as either part of the exercise that was mentioned at the time, or because there had been a warning ahead of time. (Some of the other similarly dressed guys immediately hooked up and talked with the FBI bomb squad personnel when they exited their vehicle upon arrival. So they were either Craft mercenaries or part of the Israeli security firm contracted.)

They had no concern about sticking around and doing their normal routines for a couple of days-- hitting the gym, going to a party, etc. They apparently had no escape plan or even monies with which to escape, until publishing THEIR pictures alone* among others made them the prime suspects and they panicked.

*And the officials did the equivalent of 'ignore the man behind the curtain' with the other suspects' photos, saying ONLY these should be paid attention to.

My take is that the older brother was working for the government, constructing a 'sheep-dipped' story for credibility, just as a deep cover agent penetrating organized crime may serve a prison sentence and/or get a rap list of priors, to gain street cred as a criminal to be allowed to get inside a Mafia family. Unfortunately for him/them, that same sheep-dipping sets them up as perps when the operation goes wrong and LE needs a quick success capturing 'who did it.'

That's what the mother said, what the father said would be certain if they killed the second one, and what the older brother posted on his Facebook page-- patsies. Given the above facts, this hypothesis fits the facts better than the official story claims. And provides the obvious reason what you complain about couldn't take place. We do not pre-emptively stop our own double agents from their given tasks, as that is the point of having double agents.
    A medium sized fish [...]

Sofla,

Do I understand your position on this is that our own government was using the older boy as a double agent?

That this entire family, including the uncle in MD., are double agents? Working for our own government?

"Our government has been using Chechnyan rebels (the brothers' ethnic background) as part of our anti-Russia efforts. The older brother was sent over there for a US-sponsored seminar or something, which was when he was flagged by the Russians to our government (which they've since denied doing btw). Their whole extended family is spooked up, including the uncle who'd been employed by USAID, well known as a CIA cover organization.

He was wearing the same tan BDUs, desert tan combat boots and dark jacket (and carrying the same BACKPACK) as did others who were clearly working the event for law enforcement, as either part of the exercise that was mentioned at the time, or because there had been a warning ahead of time. (Some of the other similarly dressed guys immediately hooked up and talked with the FBI bomb squad personnel when they exited their vehicle upon arrival. So they were either Craft mercenaries or part of the Israeli security firm contracted.)"

Do you have any links regarding these suggestions? If it isn't too much trouble, I'd appreciate doing some research on your how you came to develop your opinions about these two murderers. Links?

Thanks.