Thread: TAR 34 review - SVB v. Efren plus laptop to bigscreen question

TAR 34 review - SVB v. Efren plus laptop to bigscreen question

The Action Report (TAR) has recently been featuring three night matches with a different game and race each night.

This weekend they featured a Fri-Sunday match between Shane and Efren, 8-ball race to 26, 1-pocket race to 26, and last night's 10-ball race to 27.

Didn't see the first race in 8-ball but Shane won it, with 13 of his 26 total being break and runs. Efren led the 1-pocket early, Shane caught up and passed him, and then Efren caught up to win on the double-hill iirc. In the 10-ball match, Efren darted ahead to about a 6 rack lead behind some excellent breaking, when Shane caught a gear and started making 4 on the break with a couple break and runs in a row. Efren came back a bit, but that one was 27-19 Shane's favor.

The stream was perfect as to picture quality and lack of buffering delays or motion glitches both in high-def and standard def (buying standard def only was a bit cheaper, but with high-def you could choose either def stream). High def was really spectacular but filled up the screen to where the scores run at the bottom were invisible. Standard def was totally adequate, and allowed the chyron scoring area to show below the screen.

The commentators were knowledgeable, even if I didn't know who they were. Bobby someone from the south by his accent, and a one-pocket player. Possibly one was Ken Shuman, lately of the US Open but maybe not last year, as he helped with pre- and post-game interviews along with JR in this coverage. Both were rooting for Efren (one due to betting on him apparently) which I didn't mind at all but it was funny how blatant it was. But that was fine with me-- so was I! ('C'mon, Efren!!!')

I think watching a day or all three days is a great value, but I'd like to figure out what I need to do to hardwire or wi-fi link my laptop to the big screen to see them. I'd rather not need to place the laptop right at the tv with a hard-wired connection, but I don't know how to use the house wi-fi to do it wirelessly. The typical wireless devices send the television or dvr or cable signal TO the laptop or mobile device, not the reverse.

Anyone have that setup yourself, and if so, could you please describe it?
    A medium sized fish [...]

Turns out I just needed a mini-vid out to a female hdmi coupling (one specialty cord) for the Macbook. No, no, not the one I got, however (despite what the packaging said-- they must have changed that video out port over time), LOL! Second try got the correct one, and then had to locate the 'mirror' displays setting. Perfection! Just one drawback-- since it's hardwired, the laptop must be fairly close to the big screen. So I still would like to stream it over wi-fi, however nicely this setup now works. No streaming events to try this with yet, but worked great with Youtube matches so far.

Good for you Phil. I wish I could have helped but I don't have a clue about this stuff. I think my current TV is on its last legs but when I get a new TV, I may have to learn how to hook this stuff up to get streams and videos to the TV.

Some of the streams are extremely great quality, and would be spectacular on any larger television. Well worth the trouble to get it, if you like to watch these matches which I've found to be great. (Even watching the one-hole race I was fascinated.)