Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Senator Bob Corker (R-TN) gets a call!

  1. #1
    Senior Member DiabloViejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    13,352

    Senator Bob Corker (R-TN) gets a call!

    Senator Bob Corker (R-TN) gets a call!

    http://youtu.be/GmR-bN59Vu0
    If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

    First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    5,107
    That was a little Rush Limbaugh style wasn't it? Not one thing about mentally disturbed people wanting guns would have thwarted Sandy Hook, NONE! The lefts or the whomever beating this drum should chill. It is embarrassing. sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

  3. #3
    Senior Member DiabloViejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    13,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious View Post
    That was a little Rush Limbaugh style wasn't it? Not one thing about mentally disturbed people wanting guns would have thwarted Sandy Hook, NONE! The lefts or the whomever beating this drum should chill. It is embarrassing. sid
    Maybe the prank wasn't to your liking (and that's OK too) but the point she makes is valid.

    You're right, it wouldn't have done anything in the Sandy Hook massacre. But it might just help prevent a mentally ill person from carrying out a massacre in the future. And if it saves just one innocent person's life then that's good enough for me, and 90% of Americans.

    I know that guns don't kill people, just like I also know that bad people with guns, or mentally ill people with guns, kill innocent people. That is why
    I can't understand how people can be opposed to simple background checks. Running a check at a gun show doesn't lead to anyone taking your guns away, it just prevents people who shouldn't have a gun (i.e..the mentally ill, felons, ex-cons) from getting one.

    FWIW, I am a gun owner, and a veteran USMC (Military Police). There are many like me who don't have a problem with background checks.

    And as for the folks who like to bandy about the dumb argument that we don't need new laws because criminals won't obey them... yeah, who came up with that? A ten year old?




    If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

    First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)


  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,917
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    Maybe the prank wasn't to your liking (and that's OK too) but the point she makes is valid.

    You're right, it wouldn't have done anything in the Sandy Hook massacre. But it might just help prevent a mentally ill person from carrying out a massacre in the future. And if it saves just one innocent person's life then that's good enough for me, and 90% of Americans.

    I know that guns don't kill people, just like I also know that bad people with guns, or mentally ill people with guns, kill innocent people. That is why
    I can't understand how people can be opposed to simple background checks. Running a check at a gun show doesn't lead to anyone taking your guns away, it just prevents people who shouldn't have a gun (i.e..the mentally ill, felons, ex-cons) from getting one.

    FWIW, I am a gun owner, and a veteran USMC (Military Police). There are many like me who don't have a problem with background checks.

    And as for the folks who like to bandy about the dumb argument that we don't need new laws because criminals won't obey them... yeah, who came up with that? A ten year old?




    It seems to me that if we had tighter restrictions on guns, that could include restrictions against those people who have mentally disturbed people living in their homes, being held just as legally accountable as the mentally disturbed individual, if that person got hold of their guns, and hurt others.

    I wonder what would have happened to that Mother in Conn, had she not already paid the ultimate price, for her foolishness with her life? I don't really know what the law states in Conn.

    I do believe that this issue isn't going to go away any time soon, and I know that I will invest my time and energy to continue to work for common sense gun regulations, and against those politicians who vote against tighter gun restrictions, Republican Or Democrat.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Glenville, WV
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayle in MD View Post
    It seems to me that if we had tighter restrictions on guns, that could include restrictions against those people who have mentally disturbed people living in their homes, being held just as legally accountable as the mentally disturbed individual, if that person got hold of their guns, and hurt others.

    I wonder what would have happened to that Mother in Conn, had she not already paid the ultimate price, for her foolishness with her life? I don't really know what the law states in Conn.

    I do believe that this issue isn't going to go away any time soon, and I know that I will invest my time and energy to continue to work for common sense gun regulations, and against those politicians who vote against tighter gun restrictions, Republican Or Democrat.
    People who are crazy shouldnt have guns. Neither should drug addicts or alcoholics people what have been in the pententiary.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,917
    Common sense. Precisely what Republicans do not have, or prefer to muddy up in their number one interest, which is to pander to the corrupt and irresponsible CEO's for more money, while voting to allow them more leeway to kill us (Middle Class, upper middle class, and the poor) off, one way or another.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •