Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APA 8-ball Team Nationals in August

Eric,

Are you going for BCA next month? I'll be there from July 18 - 27. Let's hit some buffets if you are there!

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Eric. View Post
    I gotta sort out my PM box. If you email me, I'll send my cell phone number too:

My email: hogspeed@gmail.com

I'm there from Aug 16 thru the 21. we can play phone tag in Vegas...

Eric
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMan View Post
    Eric,

Are you going for BCA next month? I'll be there from July 18 - 27. Let's hit some buffets if you are there!

Marty
    Unfortunately...no. With the BCA and APA events so close together, i now choose "either/or".

But, if you have another Masters team in the APA event, I'm all about the buffets....

Eric

My Master's team got second place in the Dallas city tournament earlier this month, which means ... we got "nothing". So unfortunately, I won't be there for APA. And I was so looking forward to a re-match playing with my own cue, clean underwear, and fresh contact lenses
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMan View Post
    And I was so looking forward to a re-match playing with my own cue, clean underwear, and fresh contact lenses
    There is nothing wrong with wearing the same shirt for 3-4 days. It might help your luck; just ask Efren about that one.

Eric >or Shane's pink shirt too

Eric, We get to Vegas on Saturday evening the 17th. I'll track you down if I get a chance. Tourney starts Sunday night.

Spiderman I hope you healed up from the motorcycle prang some years ago. (The "hot dog" wreck). I wish I could have spent more time with y'all at Petty Point in 2007 but my travelling companions were antsy. Last time I travel with another couple.

Wally,
    Good to see you or hear you type? Been a long time. Still listening to Wishbone Ash? Just played those cd's last week again. Glad to hear your health is doing good. Mine is as well.

dg-in-centralpa

AKA Duane

Duane.

I actually saw Wishbone Ash in Sellersville PA last year. We hooked up with 2 other couples, one from CA and one from England and followed the band for about a week, deadhead style. Annapolis, Sellersville, New Jersey , NYC, and Cleveland.

Childish behavior but loads of fun.

Thanks for the shout.

Quote Originally Posted by dg-in-centralpa View Post
    Wally,
    Good to see you or hear you type? Been a long time. Still listening to Wishbone Ash? Just played those cd's last week again. Glad to hear your health is doing good. Mine is as well.

dg-in-centralpa

AKA Duane

Wally,
    Where were you in Annapolis, Rams Head? Great place for a show. I saw Johnny Winter there and Carl Palmer. Fabulous shows. I bet it was fun to follow the band.
    Duane

Yes. Ram's Head. Cool place.

It was great fun mostly because we have become friends with other folks who do the same thing. In 2010 we saw shows in Pittsburgh (Moondogs), Cleveland, Detroit, St. Louis, Chicago and Milwaukee. By the time we got to Milwaukee there were 15 of us following the band from CA, Scotland, England, St. Louis, New Mexico, Boston, Chicago, NC, and of course Cincinnati.

We asked Andy Powell if he got creeped out by all that and said heck no it was great having all his friends in the audience while on the road. And always a crowd to party with after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by dg-in-centralpa View Post
    Wally,
    Where were you in Annapolis, Rams Head? Great place for a show. I saw Johnny Winter there and Carl Palmer. Fabulous shows. I bet it was fun to follow the band.
    Duane

Wally, you are in for a disappointment - the Splash Bar has been gone for years. Kady's restaurant is no longer there, either.

Avoid the San Remo tower - it's the slums of the Riviera, they should pay you to accept a room in there.

SpiderMan