Thread: Michele Bachmann: I'm quitting my House seat in 2014

Michele Bachmann: I'm quitting my House seat in 2014

Michele is going back to Batsh*tistan where she'll settle down to focus on her gay marriage to Marcus.

Michele Bachmann: I'm quitting my House seat in 2014

By Ian Johnston, Staff Writer, NBC News
    05/29/13

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...t-in-2014?lite

Video: http://youtu.be/Q-nV4AGV50I

Tea Party favorite Michele Bachmann, who last year ran for the Republican presidential nomination, announced on Wednesday that she will stand down from her seat in the U.S. House of Representatives.

In a video posted on her website and on YouTube, the stressed that her decision to stand down from her Minnesota seat was not due to any concern she would be defeated at the next election in 2014 or the inquiries into activities of her former presidential campaign staff.

And she said she would continue to fight for the policies she believes in and that her future was “limitless and my passion for America will remain.”

“There is no future option or opportunity … that I wouldn’t be giving serious consideration if it can help save and protect our great nation,” she said.

Bachmann said her decision to run for Congress and to seek the presidency had been “based solely on my heartfelt concern for our country’s future.”

“Unfortunately today I am even more concerned about our country’s future than I’ve ever been in the past,” she said.

“On so many issues, we’re clearly on the wrong track,” she added.

Bachmann said she had fought for a balanced budget and fiscal responsibility and warned of the “ultimate risk of the destruction of our entire economic system.”

She said she had “called out the Muslim Jihadi terrorists for who they are and for the evil they perpetrate upon our people” and highlighted the blunders of U.S. foreign policy in relation to the Arab Spring uprisings, which she described as an “evil earthquake.”

She also slammed the “despicable treatment” by the U.S. of “our great friend and ally Israel.”

Bachmann said she would continue to fight to protect “innocent human life,” “traditional marriage,” “family values,” “religious liberty,” and “academic excellence.”

And she would also oppose the Democrats, saying “our founders would hardly even recognize” the U.S. of today.

“Feel confident that over the next 18 months I will continue to work 100-hour weeks and continue to do everything I can to advance our conservative principles that have served as the bedrock for who we are as a nation.”

Gee, ya think the Congressional Ethics investigation and the FBI probe had anything to do with her decision to quit? LOL!

Last edited by DiabloViejo; 05-29-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Michele Bachmann is one of the most dishonest and mean-spirited members of Congress, so it's great news that she won't seek re-election. The investigations won't stop just because she's not running again, so the question now is whether or not she will be able to serve out her current term. Outside of Congress, she will always have a job in the right-wing media, probably on Fox Fake News. For a primer on her lies, check out her file at the non-partisan fact-checker Politifact.com, currently at 75% dishonest: http://www.politifact.com/personalit...hele-bachmann/

Last edited by DiabloViejo; 05-29-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloViejo View Post
    Michele Bachmann is one of the most dishonest and mean-spirited members of Congress, so it's great news that she won't seek re-election. The investigations won't stop just because she's not running again, so the question now is whether or not she will be able to serve out her current term. Outside of Congress, she will always have a job in the right-wing media, probably on Fox Fake News. For a primer on her lies, check out her file at the non-partisan fact-checker Politifact.com, currently at 75% dishonest: http://www.politifact.com/personalit...hele-bachmann/

I certainly hope she leaves those fake eyelashes for Kelly Ayotte! She looks more like a mann every day! But, she will have to fight off Bachmann's husband to get them!

G.