Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internal GOP Report Warns of Huge Crisis With Young Voters

Cool Internal GOP Report Warns of Huge Crisis With Young Voters

Internal GOP Report Warns of Huge Crisis With Young Voters

June 2, 2013
    http://deadstate.org/internal-gop-re...-young-voters/

A new internal report just released shows an alarming crisis enveloping the GOP when it comes to the younger generation, saying that Republicans need a “fundamental re-thinking” of their brand if they want to make inroads with young voters.

The 95-page report put forth by the College National Republican Committee focuses on voters within the age-range of 18 to 29, and starkly illustrates the problems with GOP policies that are alienating Millennials.

“Neither technology, nor policy, nor branding alone will fully endear the Republican Party to a generation that has now twice broken for a Democratic candidate by historic margins,” the report says. “Yet a message and narrative that focuses on economic growth and opportunity cannot exist without substance behind it. [T]here are still many items in the Republican economic agenda that young voters have not been sold on.”

Here is a breakdown of some of the report’s findings:

The GOP is Perceived as Old-Fashioned and Bigoted

“In the focus group research conducted in January 2013,” the report said, “the young ‘winnable’ Obama voters were asked to say what words came to mind when they heard ‘Republican Party.’ The responses were brutal: closed-minded, racist, rigid, old-fashioned.”

People Think Republicans Don’t Care About the Struggles of Ordinary Americans

“We’ve become the party that will pat you on your back when you make it, but won’t offer a hand to help you get there. This has to change in order to have a shot with young voters.” The report goes on to say that people have come to believe that “they will only reap the benefits of Republican policies if they become wealthy or rise to the top of a big business,” leaving the impression that the GOP is the “fend for yourself” party.

The “Stupid Party”

“The ‘intelligent’ brand (among other positive attributes) is seriously undercut by outrageous statements made by errant Republican voices that are inevitably repeated over and over in the media,” the report said.

Extremist Abortion Policies

“Unfortunately for the GOP,” the report said, “the Republican Party has been painted — both by Democrats and by unhelpful voices in our own ranks — as holding the most extreme anti-abortion position (that it should be prohibited in all cases).”

Anti-Gay Rhetoric

The report concedes that the GOP “will face serious difficulty so long as the issue of gay marriage remains on the table.” As a solution, the report advises GOP-ers to promote “diversity of thought” and welcome a “healthy debate” on the issue, along with strongly opposing the use of anti-gay speech.
    Read the full report embedded below.

Grand Old Party for a Brand New Generation
    If there is a dangerous forum ... that's the one. -- LWW (referring to BD NPR)

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely. -- LWW (AKA Vladimir Ulyanov, AKA WV Slim, AKA MrsLWW, .....)

The usofa iz sick. The usofa might be healthy if it had 2 partys which sayd the same things -- ie if the elektions involved voting for one apple or the other apple.

Anyhow, the question arizes -- kan a party change its spots. The answer iz no.
    mac.

There is nothing wrong with the USA, Mac. We have a democracy, and hence, there are always issues which we do not agree upon, constantly being aired and fought over, between the politicians. I see the same thing going on in many countries, including in the United Kingdom.

But just let some other country, or a tool of some enemy of our country, mess around with us, and you'll find out very quickly how immediately Americans come together in the interests of our country and our fellow Americans, and generously support one another in the face of threats and natural disasters.

Americans are the most generous people in the world, which is why so many people will do anyting in order to become an American.

G.

The Gallup World Giving Index ranked the world's countries by how generous they are. The fat, rich, spoiled United States of America came in fifth. Fifth! It's a national shame! So who's first?

It was a tie between Australia and New Zealand. We're going to let those crazy people from Down Under beat us in giving away our time and money? This is embarrassing.

The index is based on the amount of money the population donates to charity, the number of hours that citizens dedicate to volunteer work, and how generous they are to strangers.

Tied for third place was Ireland and Canada. God, Canada! They always think they're so much better than us with their free health care and hockey stars. Now this? But what's even worse than being beaten by our great neighbor to the north is that we're tied for fifth with Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by cushioncrawler View Post
    The Gallup World Giving Index ranked the world's countries by how generous they are. The fat, rich, spoiled United States of America came in fifth. Fifth! It's a national shame! So who's first?

It was a tie between Australia and New Zealand. We're going to let those crazy people from Down Under beat us in giving away our time and money? This is embarrassing.

The index is based on the amount of money the population donates to charity, the number of hours that citizens dedicate to volunteer work, and how generous they are to strangers.

Tied for third place was Ireland and Canada. God, Canada! They always think they're so much better than us with their free health care and hockey stars. Now this? But what's even worse than being beaten by our great neighbor to the north is that we're tied for fifth with Switzerland.
    Gallup huh? LOL. Didn't think anyone paid any attention to them since their fiasco during the last election! Gallup has about as much relevance these days as Darryl Issa, Boehner and Mitch McConnell.

Mac, Americans are the hardest working people in the world. Additionally, I am getting truly sick and tired of your continuous attacks against my country.

It's one thing to be so jealous of us that you can't stop bashing THE USA, but you never stop bashing us.

" We're going to let those crazy people from Down Under beat us in giving away our time and money? This is embarrassing."

To whom did you refer when you wrote "us" in the sentence above? Aren't you a lifelong resident of Australia? Have you ever actually lived in America?

If you think for one moment that any other country beats the USA when it comes to being right there, usually the first country there, with money, human resources and health aid when there are natural disasters around the world, and here in our own country, for our fellow citizens, as well, then you are nuts!

I have yet to see Australia or New Zealand, the first countries flyng over dropping food and water, sending in first responders, and sending out millions upon millions in aid for medicine, vacines, and clothing to those whose countries have been decimated by a natural disaster.

Additionally, FYI, when a woman breaks down on the road, here in my country, African American men are the first ones to pull over to offer mechanical help, and usually have them rolling along the highway in no time. So I don't care how or why you even try to justify using the N.Word, it is still offensive, and disgusting.

It's one thing to engage in political bashing, we all do that among one annother, as most left/right believers do, in every country.

But your using the N.Word, and continuously bashing my country, is getting old!

Give it a break! Can you?

The usofa iz sick.

mac.
    When you're runnin down our country, hoss, you're walkin on the fighten side of me.
    May God bless all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    When you're runnin down our country, hoss, you're walkin on the fighten side of me.
    I hav previously pointed out that merle admits that he knew jackshit about the real story of vietnam and usofa soldiers when he wrote that stuff and that merle dont feel that way no more.
    mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle in MD View Post
    Gallup huh? LOL. Didn't think anyone paid any attention to them since their fiasco during the last election! Gallup has about as much relevance these days as Darryl Issa, Boehner and Mitch McConnell. Mac, Americans are the hardest working people in the world. Additionally, I am getting truly sick and tired of your continuous attacks against my country.It's one thing to be so jealous of us that you can't stop bashing THE USA, but you never stop bashing us." We're going to let those crazy people from Down Under beat us in giving away our time and money? This is embarrassing."To whom did you refer when you wrote "us" in the sentence above? Aren't you a lifelong resident of Australia? Have you ever actually lived in America?If you think for one moment that any other country beats the USA when it comes to being right there, usually the first country there, with money, human resources and health aid when there are natural disasters around the world, and here in our own country, for our fellow citizens, as well, then you are nuts!I have yet to see Australia or New Zealand, the first countries flyng over dropping food and water, sending in first responders, and sending out millions upon millions in aid for medicine, vacines, and clothing to those whose countries have been decimated by a natural disaster.Additionally, FYI, when a woman breaks down on the road, here in my country, African American men are the first ones to pull over to offer mechanical help, and usually have them rolling along the highway in no time. So I don't care how or why you even try to justify using the N.Word, it is still offensive, and disgusting. It's one thing to engage in political bashing, we all do that among one annother, as most left/right believers do, in every country.But your using the N.Word, and continuously bashing my country, is getting old!Give it a break! Can you?
    Gayle -- I dont ever giv one cent for humanitarian stuff -- i only giv for environmental stuff (ie for the future of humanity). Re the wordage, it woz from a website, taint mine. The only natural disaster iz overpopulation by superstitious ignorant selfish pink-arsed apes. mac.

'm certainly not proud of every single thing my country has done, mostly under REpiglican
    Gayle -- I dont ever giv one cent for humanitarian stuff -- i only giv for environmental stuff (ie for the future of humanity). Re the wordage, it woz from a website, taint mine. The only natural disaster iz overpopulation by superstitious ignorant selfish pink-arsed apes. mac.

Mac
    I agree with you that overpopulation is a very serious threat, globally, and is at the center of other peripheral threats to the world, and all of its inhabitants, but it is not the ONLY threat, and humanitarian response among fellow human beings is something that all of us should care about, including you.

I don't see what your answer above has to do with your habit of constantly bashing the USA, though.

I certainly am not proud of every single thing that the United States has done throughout history, but what country has a history of perfection? Certainly not yours.

I am the first one to speak up for the common man, the poor and the middle class, and against those who are corrupt, particularly the wealthy thieves among us, particularly the polluters and the outsourcing PIGS, whose families made their vast wealth right here in the USA, and then said, F-U -USA, now we want slave labor, and no taxes, or else we will take USA jobs offshore, and screw U to the the country who built the infrastructure, and the opportunity for us to lavish in our inherited wealth!

That would be descriptive of Myth Robme, as Sofla has so accurately named him, the Lyin' Ryan, takers, the EXXON and BP PIGS, the no bid contracting NEOCON pigs among us, who are mostly given the green light to pollute, and steal, by Repiglicans.

But I love my country, and like I told you before, I am sick and tired of you bashing America relentlessly.

Say what you want about Americans, but we have the best and most generous people in the world, and just let some fool attack our country, and you will see a country that becomes ONE NATION, overnight!

Those who live their lives as whining cantankerous victims, spreading hopelessmess, quick to condemn when they truly do not put much effort to endeavor to really educate themselvess about the real truth behnd the daily scuttlebutt, believing in no one, and tursting no one, live their lives in quiet desperation, and are never part of the solutions, always part of the problems.

I, personally, like an active two party, democracy, with the necessary yin & yang, continuous, healthy debate, and every opportunity for what is right, and good, to overcome corruption, greed and evil.

I'm not a person who puts any faith in books written thousands of years a go, either, but I get sick and tired of the doomsayers yapping relentlessly about the hopeless world, or whining relentlessly about how things are, while they don't even bother to get up off their asses and vote!

Yap, yap yap, but they on't even bother to do the required research to get a decent grasp on who is actually lying and who is actually aiming for the higher ground, for the common good, for America, and for all the world.

And those who take aid from America, and then kick it in the ass, are the worst of the worst, IMPO! That't why I am disgusting with the Israeli Lobby in this country, the war mongers who make money off the blood of our troops, the Republican/Congressonal/Military Industrial Complex, IOW, the NEOCONS, whose policies make everything, everywhere, worse!

But trust me, Mac, you can't expect to come on here and relentlessly bash my country, and think I'm not going to come after you for it. First and foremost, I'm an American, and a proud bleeding heart Liberal! American is still the greatest country on this earth, and don't you forget it!

If you don't come from a perfect country, and you most certainly do not, then don't bash mine!

G.
    Last edited by Gayle in MD; 06-06-2013 at 06:27 PM.

I hav previously pointed out that merle admits that he knew jackshit about the real story of vietnam and usofa soldiers when he wrote that stuff and that merle dont feel that way no more.
    mac.
    Who the hell is merle?